Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
Sorry Crazy Man must have missed it first time around. Going to listen in the next hour.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
A new Elvis Costello album, Hey Clockface, due out in October.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Grant-Lee Phillips is releasing Lighting, Show Us Your Stuff on the 4th of September. An intelligent, honest lyricist, IMHO - his sounds are that way too. 

I would be surprised if anything he does is not by design so was curious about the title of this track - "Mourning Dove". It's probably the species of least concern in terms of its proliferation in the USA, also a symbol of peace, and interestingly, the nom de plume of the first Native American woman to publish a novel. I think it's about noticing and finding pleasure in small things, in nature, and releasing "...The things we chase that can't be kept ..." Looking forward to hearing the whole album.

While on a tangent - Phillips is also a visual artist and as honest in this form of expression as in his musicianship ... 
https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/grant-lee-phillips

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Cat Stevens/Yusuf re-recording "tea for the tillerman" to be titled "tea for the tillerman II" for its 50th anniversary later this year.

it obviously aint going to be as good as the original IMO but it will still be worth a listen because,well, it is Cat Stevens.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^Erm – not so sure about that. Have you heard his reinvention??  

I’d like to know what’s up with all the doef doef on new releases this week? Even Avishai Cohen, who has been the soul of tastefulness and discretion (up to now) seems to have fallen under the loudness spell - mind blowing bass at every turn! Must be something in the water. Lol! Then again - bass is what he does after all!

And there are some other truly weird things happening … an 89 year old William Shatner doing “The Thrill Has Gone with Ritchie Blackmore”. The mind boggles!! Candice doesn't seem to be in evidence thankfully - that would have been the final straw. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
i take your point on the Cat, thanks Ruby.

i have pondered some questions for years like:
Loch Ness Monster.
Bigfoot.
UFOs/aliens
Ark Of The Covenant. etc etc

but the biggest mystery to me is Wiliam Shatner...

who the bloody hell let him near a studio not only again, but originally?

^You're right CH - it's a total mystery.

Mark Kelly, keysman of Marillion has got his own outfit together on the side - they're called Marathon. This is a track from their upcoming album - it's about Amelia Earhart and based on the premise that she and her navigator were stranded on the Pacific island atoll of Nikumaroro.  

Another one coming up that I'm curious to hear - Between A Breath And A Breath, a collaboration between the recently deceased Judy Dyble and Big Big Train's David Longdon. The track "Astrologers" ... 

Well, well, well. Who told Mr. Shatner that he could sing??? Bizarre. As for the new Cat Stevens - you can keep it. As for the other one - the thrill is definitely gone for good. Liked Blackmore's guitar bits but what a strange collaboration. Mr. Cohen's effort is just nuts.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^
seeing as Captain Kirk is Music Head's neighbour, i suggest we take a vote as to whether we elect MH to be the one to knock on his door and advise him of his lack of vocal skills

i vote YES.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59