Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
Bruce Springsteen.

hot on the heels of his covers album "only the strong survive" he has two albums on the way for 2023.
first up another covers album of r+b/soul classics much in the same vein as the other one.
he also has a box set of five previously unreleased albums on the way that were recorded post 1988, apparently one of those albums is Bruce with a drum machine and synths.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

some albums i am looking forward to in 2023 (so far)

Ava Max - "diamonds & dancefloors" (Jan)

P!nk - "trustfall" (Feb)

Gorillaz - "cracker island" (Feb)

Lana Del Rey - "did you know theres a tunnel under ocean blvd" (Mar)

Metallica - "72 seasons" (Apr)

Lewis Capaldi - "broken by desire to be heavenly sent" (May)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

others without a release date but scheduled are:

Dua Lipa
PJ Harvey
Noel Gallagher
The Killers
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

The irrepressible Zombies are at it again - with big grins all round! Lol! Love that they are so up for it. The jury is out until hearing the whole album - here's a track ... Colin and Rod sharing vocals ... 

And this is the album cover ... their tour van caught alight in Arizona somewhere and Rod took the photo. I think they've got to the stage of being 100% comfortable in their skins and so what if nobody else likes it, or if they're anachronisms - they're just gonna do what they do best until they don't anymore. All anyone can do, really. 

[Image: dCqi9gfW6EywdLh5ctRUdN-1200-80.jpg.webp]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
track sounds okay on a first listen.
so i am looking forward to hearing the whole project.

This is a surprise - coming so hot on the heels of the previous one! Jethro Tull's new album RökFlöte is in the works - due out on the 21st of April.

From Prog magazine - https://www.loudersound.com/news/jethro-...innungagap  - "... a 12-track record based on the characters and roles of some of the principle gods of the old Norse form of paganism, while at the same time exploring the RökFlöte, or rock flute, which of course Tull has made iconic." 

The teaser track, "Ginnungagap" (in Norse and Germanic mythology, the void in which the world was created). I like knowing that the whole thing will be thoroughly well researched - tricky as Ian Anderson may be, he's meticulous - in terms of concept, at least! Not without missteps along the way, but after all, who is faultless?? (Comebacks anticipated ...  Big Grin ) 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
sounds good Ruby
and thanks for the information.

The album is due out tomorrow and I can't stop listening to this track ... unusual and quite lovely, IMHO ... 

Rebekka Karijord and Jessica Dessner with guitars from Jessica's younger twin brothers of The National fame, Bryce and Aaron - https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/intervi...um-141607/
Must give this one and the Tull album a listen over the weekend.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
not an album but a book
Bernie Taupin "scattershot: life, music, Elton & me"

heres the article: https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...22aa6e6301

Peter Gabriel is preparing to release a new album - The Panopticom. He's publishing a new song on the full moon of each month - this is the second ... 

Here's a quote from, and a link to his site which provides a lot more info ... https://petergabriel.com/news/panopticom-released/

‘Some of what I’m writing about this time is the idea that we seem incredibly capable of destroying the planet that gave us birth and that unless we find ways to reconnect ourselves to nature and to the natural world we are going to lose a lot. A simple way of thinking about where we fit in to all of this is looking up at the sky… and the moon has always drawn me to it.’

And an interview here in case anyone is interested ... 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59