Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
(22-01-2023, 14:20)Ruby Wrote: This is a surprise - coming so hot on the heels of the previous one! Jethro Tull's new album RökFlöte is in the works - due out on the 21st of April.

From Prog magazine - https://www.loudersound.com/news/jethro-...innungagap  - "... a 12-track record based on the characters and roles of some of the principle gods of the old Norse form of paganism, while at the same time exploring the RökFlöte, or rock flute, which of course Tull has made iconic." 

The teaser track, "Ginnungagap" (in Norse and Germanic mythology, the void in which the world was created). I like knowing that the whole thing will be thoroughly well researched - tricky as Ian Anderson may be, he's meticulous - in terms of concept, at least! Not without missteps along the way, but after all, who is faultless?? (Comebacks anticipated ...  Big Grin ) 

Another one from the upcoming album is unleashed upon us ... infectious ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(05-02-2023, 15:36)Ruby Wrote: Peter Gabriel is preparing to release a new album - The Panopticom. He's publishing a new song on the full moon of each month - this is the second ... 

Here's a quote from, and a link to his site which provides a lot more info ... https://petergabriel.com/news/panopticom-released/

‘Some of what I’m writing about this time is the idea that we seem incredibly capable of destroying the planet that gave us birth and that unless we find ways to reconnect ourselves to nature and to the natural world we are going to lose a lot. A simple way of thinking about where we fit in to all of this is looking up at the sky… and the moon has always drawn me to it.’

And an interview here in case anyone is interested ... 

The March 7th full moon release - quite like this one ... no idea what Dark-Side Mix denotes. Anyone???

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
im thinking 'dark side' as referring to the moon maybe?

or a tongue in cheek reference to DSOTM which is due to be re-released around the same time???
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(12-03-2023, 12:29)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: im thinking 'dark side' as referring to the moon maybe?

or a tongue in cheek reference to DSOTM which is due to be re-released around the same time???

Oops! Maybe I should pay more attention to the info in the links I post! And retain it too! Lol! Blush https://petergabriel.com/news/the-court-...-released/

Just like the previous song Panopticom, The Court will come with differing mix approaches from Tchad Blake (Dark-Side Mix), Mark ‘Spike’ Stent (Bright-Side Mix) and Hans-Martin Buff’s Atmos In-Side Mix. The Dark-Side Mix is available on 5 February, with the other mixes to follow.
Quote:[i]‘I quite like this idea of the multiple mix approach because for most artists it’s the process, not the product, that is most important. In some ways, I’m trying to open up the process a little more for those that are interested.’[/i]
^aka making a meal of it!
A new Andy Jackson on the cards. Putting it here to keep an eye on it ... 

The all-instrumental Twelve Half Steps is Jackson's third studio release, and his first for seven years, following on from 2014's Signal to Noise and 2016's 73 Days At Sea

“Twelve half steps; Twelve modal scales; Twelve blank sheets of paper with rigid frames," Jackson explains. "Twelve exercises in style. Twelve rocks turned over, twelve objects underneath, each one half expected, half revealed. The limitations were opportunities. Start walking in a prescribed direction, get to the corner, see what’s round that. The rigidity of the start creating a freedom of movement once in the landscape, knowing that there are no wrong answers. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

"Each piece was started and finished before the next was considered. Each piece stands on its own, but they are linked as the same steps were traced on again and again. The same shapes but painted with different colours each time."

https://www.loudersound.com/news/andy-ja...usT_C-bbqc
Curious about this album which is being released tomorrow. Jenny Conlee (of The Decemberists). Title Tides: Pieces for Accordion and Piano ... 

^No longer curious. That was dire.
MOLINA, TALBOT, LOFGREN & YOUNG  -   "all roads lead home"

basically a Neil Young/Crazy Hose album but Neil only sings lead on one track.
all members wrote and sung their own songs so this could be an interesting release.

heres the lead off track written and sung by Mr Nils Lofgren:

and another track from the album written and sung by Frank Molina:

Ooops!,
my bad....

ive noticed more tracks available on YouTube and double checked, the album was released 31st March...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(03-03-2023, 19:00)Ruby Wrote:
(22-01-2023, 14:20)Ruby Wrote: This is a surprise - coming so hot on the heels of the previous one! Jethro Tull's new album RökFlöte is in the works - due out on the 21st of April.

From Prog magazine - https://www.loudersound.com/news/jethro-...innungagap  - "... a 12-track record based on the characters and roles of some of the principle gods of the old Norse form of paganism, while at the same time exploring the RökFlöte, or rock flute, which of course Tull has made iconic." 

The teaser track, "Ginnungagap" (in Norse and Germanic mythology, the void in which the world was created). I like knowing that the whole thing will be thoroughly well researched - tricky as Ian Anderson may be, he's meticulous - in terms of concept, at least! Not without missteps along the way, but after all, who is faultless?? (Comebacks anticipated ...  Big Grin ) 

Another one from the upcoming album is unleashed upon us ... infectious ... 

And another ... 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59