Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o
(08-10-2018, 02:40)sjpolyguy Wrote: This has been a *really* fun topic to read through.  Interestingly enough many of the albums from the 60's, 70's and 80's would have been in my list 20 to 40 years ago.  However my tastes have changed over time and what I used to enjoy and like in music doesn't always please me now.  So although I appreciate the features of those albums that make others list them, they no longer do it for me.

I rate my songs a an A+ to F scale.  Anything B+ or above is a song I like.  I  have lots of albums where all the songs are B+ or above, so I'll cut my first list down to albums that have at least one A+ song (A+ means it's a favorite) and where the lowest song gets an A-.

if that grading system works for you...great!

but I find it too over complicated...

Music Head's system which I have adopted is very easy:

we score tracks on an album wither 1 (dislike), 2 (like), 3 (love).
after all the tracks are collated divide the overall number by the amount of tracks:
if the division number is between 1.0 and 1.6 than means we dislike the album as a whole.
if it is between 1.7-2.3 then we use that guide to say we like the album,
between 2.4-3.0 means we love the album...

its simple, but it works

a few examples of how we do it:

https://www.music-discussion.com/showthr...0&page=406
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o - by CRAZY-HORSE - 09-10-2018, 08:21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums Ruby 284 111,255 12-08-2026, 06:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 259 70,009 10-05-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What albums have you played the most ? SteveO 29 8,740 08-05-2025, 12:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Which of these dance songs would be essential for a party? StymeeJones 1 1,853 11-04-2025, 23:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2024 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 13 5,499 27-12-2024, 04:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,272 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 4,000 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 7,230 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS Ruby 82 24,780 01-07-2023, 09:50
Last Post: Ruby
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 17,677 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe

Forum Jump: