Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o
(09-10-2018, 08:21)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: if that grading system works for you...great!

but I find it too over complicated...

Music Head's system which I have adopted is very easy:

we score tracks on an album wither 1 (dislike), 2 (like), 3 (love)

I've evolved my system over the years.  I used something like your method a long time ago but found I wasn't hearing the songs I loved most in putting together playlists for myself.

I've got a spreadsheet of about 30,000 song ratings.  Granted some of them are duplicates due to singles and greatest hits albums.  But it helps me determine which areas I think I should explore more.  As I get older I know the amount of time left to enjoy music is finite.  I'm trying to expose myself to as much new music that I'm likely to enjoy as possible.  It also gives me the ability to make playlists of the songs I already know that I enjoy most.  For me it has made sense to be more granular in my ratings.

Also I'm somewhat of an organizational freak and categorizing and rating things is something I do as almost a second nature.  My rating system is pretty much just record keeping of what I'm feeling and thinking as I listen to music.  It's my memory for things I enjoy that I might otherwise forget.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o - by sjpolyguy - 10-10-2018, 06:06

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums Ruby 284 111,211 12-08-2026, 06:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 259 69,962 10-05-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What albums have you played the most ? SteveO 29 8,738 08-05-2025, 12:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Which of these dance songs would be essential for a party? StymeeJones 1 1,852 11-04-2025, 23:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2024 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 13 5,499 27-12-2024, 04:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,269 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 3,997 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 7,230 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS Ruby 82 24,773 01-07-2023, 09:50
Last Post: Ruby
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 17,669 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe

Forum Jump: