The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW
NEW MUSIC FRIDAY - 4.10.24

To Love Someone - Lady Gaga/Joaquin Phoenix (5/10): Gaga honestly needs to go out of her usual style a bit because this is getting similar and boring. It's not bad, but it's come to the point where every song by her is a 5. Gaga, I beg, please switch things up a bit.

ALL MY LOVE - Coldplay (6/10): Better than the first two pushed singles, this had more feel and style for me. Good song!

Can You Die From a Broken Heart - Nate Smith/Avril Lavigne (7.5/10): WOW!! THIS IS GOOD!! Their voices bond so well together and the song is strong but not too strong. Also, shout out to the producer on this!! Spot on!! [HONOURABLE MENTION OF THE WEEK]

Pocket - Rag'n'Bone Man (6/10): Cannot wait for the album, another good song by Rag'n'Bone Man. Four good tracks in a row? I'll love the album, I'm sure!

Hecha Pa' Mí - Grupo Frontera (6/10): Once again, no clue what they're saying but I liked the vibrant style in the song. Surprised this was so far down the New Music Friday list considering they're quite known!

Filthy Rich - Ella Henderson (6/10): This is a very different style from Ella's usual, and I like this. Decent song!

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Kate Hudson (7/10): This is great, Kate, but please shut up. It's October, not Christmas.

Monitoring Me - Lil Durk (2/10): Rap is getting so repetitive these days I don't know if I can bother caring. Durk wants ass, he has money, he can kill b*tches. Fast-paced with the same boring beat. I don't even know if this song is worth my time talking about. NEXT!

What This Could Be - Joe Jonas (5/10): Alright, it's hard to mention Joe without saying he went to the Diddy party. Nothing was confirmed, and it wasn't confirmed as a freaky party, but I'm staying cautious. On the track, it's nothing much for me.

My World - Calum Scott (5/10): Why are you slowly turning into the British Lewis Capaldi?

Qué Pecao - Manuel Turizo/Kapo (6/10): Not a clue what they're saying, but it sounds good! (I would always actually check the lyrics for a replay).

Make Me Happy - Jason Derulo/Jawsh 685 (4/10): Jason Derulo always makes something good, then a lot of bad things, then something good, then back to the bad. This is bad and very generic. The producer could've done a lot more as well—this is so poor and lacks work.

Mama Told Me - Tory Lanez (5/10): Very emotional speaking, but more serious than heartfelt. It was a bit too long for me.

Moonlit Floor - LISA (6/10): Everything you make sounds like something any pop artist would make. Can't lie, this low-key did get me vibing though. I'll spare a 6.

Darkest Hour (Helene Edit) - Eric Church (6/10): I don't know if this is an edit of an older song. It sounds older, so it well could be. The well-tuned guitar goes well with the gentle, vibrant melody.

You Go Your Way - Perrie (5/10): Every solo song by Perrie is worse than the last. She's gonna flop forever unless Little Mix regroup.

Whisper - Myles Smith (7/10): Myles is starting to get repetitive with his music. Despite this feeling similar to his usual songs, I liked it. Can't wait to see what else he has in store for us!

Thick Of It - KSI/Trippie Redd (5/10): At least he got something after his whole album got leaked. (Also, please take Lunchly out of stores and answer to the crypto allegations, KSI—we haven't forgotten.)

Bandoe - Powers Pleasant/Denzel Curry/Meechy Darko/Soulija Livin' Tru (4/10)

1900's - Victoria Monet (3/10): Let's be real, not even Victoria thought anyone would like this.

Hope - James Bay (5/10): What in the blandest of the bland is this? This should not last 4 and a half minutes—snoozefest's final boss.

Weekend Boy - Good Neighbours (5/10): The gentle touch to the song was nice.

Dudada - Tiesto/Goldcher/Irina Rimes (4/10): Rubbish, as usual, from Tiesto's new era.

Lotus Eater - FINNEAS (4/10): Sounded like Coldplay but blander.

Let's Go - Jaden Bosjen/David Guetta (0/10): This song swears so many times it's like modern-day rap. They picked the most bland, generic beat and the most annoying voices. Randomly stopping the song for a cutscene where a woman is emotionally complaining about the nightclub she's going to doesn't help either. David's career is a joke, and he doesn't deserve the title of no.1 French artist in any way. Be ashamed—this is actually one of the worst things I've heard in a while! I don't get how you can mess a song up this bad, I'm dead serious. This will be featured in my worst songs of 2024, and it will contend for no.1. [WORST OF THE WEEK]

Allure - A$AP Ferg/Future/Mike WiLL Made-It (3/10): What are y'all even saying? More rap garbage.

I Do - Toosii/Muni Long (5/10): This sounds like something Khalid would make.

COLLECT THE COMMAS - PAWSA (5/10): You've been in the game for over a decade, and this is what you come up with?

So Bad - Skilla Baby/4Batz (2/10): I honestly prefer TikTok brainrot over this modern-day rap rubbish.

Eurostar - Nemo (4/10): From winning Eurovision with an amazing song to... winning nothing. This song ain't winning anything.

Owe To You - A COLORS SHOW - Khalid (6/10)

When I Ain't Lookin - Tucker Wetmore (5/10): Alright, you're getting dull.

Break It Right Back - Megan Moroney (6/10): I liked how the beat and the vocals merged well, with a nice balance between the gentle and catchy jam parts. Well done, Megan—this is good!

Spring Into Summer - Lizzy McAlpine (7/10): This woman has some of the calmest, gentlest music on the planet. It's like a breath of fresh air. Her voice can blend with so many songs, and this proves it again.

Go Richey - Real Boston Richey (1/10): The music video got a well-earned dislike from me. It's honestly giving "if Sexxy Redd was male, but without the style" (and that's not even good style). Richey never fails to put out generic rap that nobody cares about. If you stayed up for this release, you're a sad person. ? [DISHONOURABLE MENTION OF THE WEEK]

Weren't For the Wind - Ella Langley (6/10): If Jessie Murph actually tried to make good music.

If Our Love Is Dead - Royel Otis (6.5/10): That's some really good indie pop! I really like the guitar too.

Change My Mind - Riley Green (6.5/10): The soft beat and Riley's voice worked well, as did the lyrics. This gave me a peaceful, chilled-out vibe. Thank god for that, because I'm sick of rap rubbish—put this on instead!

Meet Me In The Middle - LF System (6/10): They're actually getting better! You might have me as a fan!

FWG - Aitch (6/10): Rare footage of a flex rap song actually being good. Aitch is upping his game.

I Know - Tee Grizzley/Fridayy (5/10)

The Rest Of Me - Michael Kiwanuka (6/10): First thing I've heard from Michael (despite hearing about him in the past) and it's actually a good song! I'll be back for more, Michael Smile

Stuck in My Ways - 310babiii/Luh Tyler (6/10): Tell me why this was actually kinda good... and it's rap!! The chilled background with Babi's voice as a solid layer made a really nice rap, pleasing to the ears. Thank you, I guess? I'm actually shocked—I was expecting to write something angry ?

Never Said Goodbye - Jake Bugg (7/10): Great song! Heard this was part of an album too! That might be something I'll listen to soon ?

Two - bbno$ (4/10): When kids are on a rap song, 99% of the time I'm gonna rate it low.

Gumdrops - Rizzle Kicks (6/10): I prefer this over 'Javelin.' Good song, and I liked the bouncy, fun energy despite it not being super upbeat.

CONTROL - Confidence Man (5.5/10): A repetitive dance song where the visualizer is pigeons with lasers coming out of their eyes ?

ADHD - Russ Millions/Buni (5/10): Yeah, not bad to be honest. Actually another decent rap song.

Right Now - Mia Kirkland/Skepsis (7/10): Solid pop/dance song!! This is Mia's debut, so getting Skepsis on a collab is a shock, but respect for it. Don't lose this style!

Apple (Triple J Like A Version) - Griff (6/10): I like this better than the original version of 'Apple.'

Fairy Godmother - Thuy (5/10)

BROKEN - Linus (4/10): This feels like a random mashup... what even is this??

End Up Gone - Ian (3/10): You really took the average autotuned, cheap rap song and pressed "generate," didn't you?

God Save the Dream - Spencer Sutherland (5/10)

MINNESOTA - Adrien Nunez (5/10): Nashville radio will be all over this, won't they ? This wasn't the most appropriate voice for the song. A softer tone could've done better.

PUT 4 - Bellakath/Jowell & Randy/Dj Luian/Mambo Kingz (5/10): This sounds like King Julien (or whatever his name is) from Madagascar and Coco from that Day of the Dead movie jumped on a song together.

I'm Not Ready To Go - Hazlett (5/10): Some pauses in this song are so long it feels like you needed a water break mid-recording.

Look Mom I Can Fly - Livingston (5/10): The chorus sounds like something LEGO would use in an advert.

The Watchers - Jagwar Twin (9/10): WOAH, THIS GOT ME FULL IN THE GROOVE!! As someone who thinks most samples and dance songs are too similar, this rocked! I'm definitely going back to this—thank you so much! The different sections blending together is super impressive, and the overall touch? Superb! Listen to this! [BEST OF THE WEEK]

Tiny Screens - Chloe Slater (5/10): I know you copied the "Hypocrite" cover from Charli XCX, you're not fooling anyone ?

Burning Rubber - Jordan Ward/Joony (5/10)

Higher Resolution - Kasablanca (3/10): Do not let the Radio 1 DJs find this ??? It's gonna be on daily. Bland, repetitive rubbish finds its way into my rankings again.

Vertigo - Odd Mob/Ed Graves (4/10): I honestly zoned out. This is top-tier brainrot music.

Panther City - Leon Bridges (5/10): Should’ve been shorter.

Mi Tormenta - The Black Keys/DannyLux (5/10)

Timing - Juls/Black Sherif/Projexx (5/10)

Thank you for reading ☺️ join me next week and we can do this again! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW - by Mellope - 06-10-2024, 14:21
RE: NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW - by CRAZY-HORSE - 07-10-2024, 11:24
RE: NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW - by Mellope - 07-10-2024, 15:41

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 2 202 3 hours ago
Last Post: Mellope
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 55 5,958 11 hours ago
Last Post: Music Head
  Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2 Mellope 0 17 Yesterday, 19:44
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 62 13-10-2024, 10:38
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2 Mellope 1 78 12-10-2024, 08:14
  US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review Mellope 5 158 11-10-2024, 07:21
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 123 11-10-2024, 07:20
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 106 07-10-2024, 15:32
Wink Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review Mellope 2 176 07-10-2024, 15:27
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW Mellope 0 73 06-10-2024, 14:20