The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review
Wink 
Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review

I can feel the positive, uplifting energy Coldplay are giving on this album while showing the good sides to love. Some parts felt magical, while others didn’t as much or at all for me. Lyrically, this is completely up to standard, but production-wise I’m not so impressed, and I felt some things could’ve been added or taken away. Honestly, there’s only one song on this album that I think really hits different for me (read on to find out). The most memorable part for me is how much the fans are shown and given parts throughout some of the songs' videos, vocals, and style. There are definitely some qualities here that are hard to find in any modern band’s music, but is it all as special as Coldplay fans say? I’m going to have to say no, but it definitely gives you some feelings that you probably haven’t felt for a while or even ever, and this shows more in the...

---

Tracklist Track Reviews:

Track 1 - Moon Music (8/10)
This really felt magical to me. The melody started like the opening to a story and slowly changed into a calmer, lighter beat. This really made me feel something throughout the whole of the song. Give this a listen!

Track 2 - Feelslikeimfallinginlove (6/10)
Very nice follow-up to Moon Music. Coldplay really showed their fans as something brilliant. Watching the live part at the end with the claps and swaying of the arms made the song sound and feel much better. I can see Coldplay trying to capture the good side of love without the negative feeling of it not working out. I think Coldplay can remind us that we can suck the negativity out of everything and shine a positive light there. I didn’t like this as much at first, but I see it now!

Track 3 - WE PRAY (6/10)
First of all, I appreciate that artists from completely different genres can come together and make something that works. As much as this is a decent song and something that works, it isn’t amazing for me. It doesn’t necessarily feel incomplete or glitchy, it just feels like there could’ve been more style showcased from each artist or just… a little more spice.

Track 4 - JUPiTER (5.5/10)
This sounded like a normal Coldplay song but without any uplift. It's more of something simple on the album. I wouldn’t call this a filler track, but I also wouldn’t call this a standout either.

Track 5 - GOOD FEELINGS (5/10)
It would've been nice if the song called Good Feelings actually gave me good feelings, but it didn’t. I would've preferred a higher backbeat on this and more higher vocals, but this felt weak and honestly just gave ‘meh.’ The vocals near the end of the song, which I believe were kids singing "La la la," didn’t fit in well for me or give me any vibe. Kids ain’t gonna win you the likes, Coldplay.

Track 6 - Neon Forest Angel Song (5/10)
I’m going to be the party pooper (sorry in advance). This is boring. Different voices that just don’t match the song and a weird crunch sound in the first few minutes that sounds as if a newbie was learning ASMR. Then he rambles about rainbows and how wonderful the natural beauties are and all that. This is the equivalent of getting a composed sound and adding a light singer to sing, "In my world, everyone’s a pony, and we all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

Track 7 - IAAM (5/10)
This is a powerful, uplifting tune, basically telling you that you’re a mountain and you can do it. This wasn’t bad, but once again I didn’t listen to this and feel anything from it. It feels alright, but I honestly sat there with a straight face waiting for the end. No offense, but most people could make this. Of course, people will cry to this, and they will feel it, but it’s not for me.

Track 8 - AETERNA (6/10)
This was better. A more upbeat vibe that matches a song you could move your arms to. I don’t like how Coldplay made their voices squeaky for some reason. Whoever had that idea, may I ask why? This is definitely something of quality though. I could’ve enjoyed it more if I didn’t see @scottt6298 comment on the album's videos for the second time about how they have apparently fallen off.

Track 9 - ALL MY LOVE (6/10)
This wasn’t a gem, but there definitely was something special about this track. For me, it was the soft background with a warm, soothing voice that made this better than any usual Coldplay love song. Good song!

Track 10 - ONE WORLD (6/10)
This track is magical, a moment where Coldplay and their fans can have their voices together on one track. It was a nice little sweet ending to the album. It was a little repetitive at the start (even though it was the build-up), but the ending was better in my opinion.

---

Best - Moon Music
Worst - Neon Forest Angel Song
Album Rating - 6/10

Thanks for reading, more soon! I would appreciate it if you checked out my other write-ups, new music write-ups weekly, Hot 100 and UK charts summary & reviews, and more to come Smile

Messages In This Thread
Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review - by Mellope - 06-10-2024, 14:22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 2 211 5 hours ago
Last Post: Mellope
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 55 5,969 Today, 00:22
Last Post: Music Head
  Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2 Mellope 0 19 Yesterday, 19:44
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 72 13-10-2024, 10:38
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2 Mellope 1 83 12-10-2024, 08:14
  US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review Mellope 5 168 11-10-2024, 07:21
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 130 11-10-2024, 07:20
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW Mellope 2 171 07-10-2024, 15:41
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 110 07-10-2024, 15:32
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW Mellope 0 75 06-10-2024, 14:20