The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation
#1
Reading Gryphon's comments reminded me of this saying.
Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation
It's something my sister said to me one day when I was freaking out about 'song requests'. I used to have a form and list and people could request I make a videosheetmusic for a particular song. It started out well and was fun. Then some people began to think of me as their servant and the requests got more and more ridiculous and more and more demanding. I finally had it when I got one email from somebody telling me they needed this ASAP, and when I wrote back saying it would be a while, they got really angry at me and called me names. My first reaction was F@$% @%f and I took it out on others who were not being bad at all. Then My sister told me that quote and I discovered the 'DELETE' button on the computer.
I should write a book "Delete without guilt". It took a long time to get used to that, but to me it's like answering the door or phone, if I'm busy, or don't feel like it, then I just ignore it. Hurray for 'ignore' and 'delete'


[SIZE="1"]*you may now delete this message[/SIZE] :biggrin:
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation - by pennywill - 10-04-2010, 18:41

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I read the news today, oh boy! CRAZY-HORSE 1,751 578,591 06-09-2026, 05:28
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 2,355 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 2,163 02-10-2014, 21:33
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Leviticus Today Beach 3 2,354 21-02-2014, 19:42
Last Post: jazzboCR
  33 years ago today... SteveO 1 1,403 09-12-2013, 07:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Dr.Who....50 years old today CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,325 24-11-2013, 21:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  it was one year ago today.... CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,767 24-07-2012, 04:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  today is.... CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,669 03-02-2012, 06:11
Last Post: ReggieT
  Janis Joplin would have been 69 years old today SteveO 4 1,962 21-01-2012, 16:27
Last Post: TraceNspace
  MD is one year today ambernector 2 2,129 29-12-2008, 11:33
Last Post: Syn

Forum Jump: