Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Week Thirty Four......Robert Plant....................Band Of Joy
#3
Aha, I can contribute. I no longer do downloads and I can listen to this one without the download.

1) Angel Dance - 2.0
2) House Of Cards - 2.0
3) Central Two-O-Nine - 1.5
4) Silver Rider - 1.5
5) You Can't Buy My Love - 1.0
6) Falling In Love Again - 2.0
7) The Only Sound That Matters - 2.0
8) Monkey - 1.5
9) Cindy, I'll Marry You Someday - 1.5
10) Harms Swift Way - 2.0
11) Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down - 2.0
12) Even This Shall Pass Away - 2.0

Rating - 1.8

When they split, I said Robert Plant would never make it as a solo artist. Glad to say I was wrong. Going on 30 years later, the guy has built up a nice catalogue. This one would rate up near the top I think. Love it when his country leanings surface as they do on a lot of this. His work with Alison Krauss opened up the doors even further. He is well respected now for that branching off. This trend is continued here with guest vocals of Patty Griffin on some cuts. That helps build the street cred for that market of country/folk/bluegrass. I doubt if this will make any of those charts very high, but it could and be legit. Will add this to my list that will probably never get bought. Dollars are thin.



Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BRONZE AWARD...........Band On The Run...........Wings....1973 gryphon 6 6,925 16-10-2014, 20:53
Last Post: Big Ears
  Week Forty*************Elvis Costello***************National Ransom gryphon 4 3,416 10-01-2012, 00:21
Last Post: CherieLuamboYampanyaStar
  Week Forty Six............Waterfall Walls .............Swim The Mind. gryphon 8 6,295 09-01-2012, 22:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Week Thirty Eight...............Mirror Image Land. 7 ..............Matt 22 gryphon 20 9,195 22-07-2011, 06:57
Last Post: Matt 22
  My First Addiction - a punk n rock band. dukegman 0 1,893 18-05-2011, 11:56
Last Post: dukegman
  Week Forty Eight............Cake..............Showroom Of Compassion gryphon 7 5,295 01-05-2011, 21:35
Last Post: CMB1888
  Week Thirty Nine...............Huey Lewis and the News ..............Soulsville gryphon 4 2,954 15-03-2011, 07:06
Last Post: fresk
  Week Forty Seven............Crystal Bowersox...............Farmer's Daughter gryphon 8 5,906 24-02-2011, 03:35
Last Post: casey mahoney
  Week Fifty One............Yani..............Touch Of Truth gryphon 2 3,525 13-02-2011, 14:06
Last Post: Music Head
  Week Forty Nine..................Greg Allman........Low Country Blues gryphon 3 4,094 01-02-2011, 22:17
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: