05-12-2011, 00:02
Always been a moderate fan of The Clash, Iggy Pop & The Fall etc but was never really a huge fan of 'punk' until I recentley heard a band called Magazine who while more attributed to 'post punk' genre... totally changed my view of the genre which I hadn't really previously held in that high regard.
After seeing Magazine live along with also discovering and catching Wire live in the space of a few weeks, I have a new appreciation for 'punk' music.. albeit the more intricate, inventive and experimental stuff belonging to the 'post-punk' category.
Funny thing is after falling in love with 'post-punk', I have revisited some more of the straightforward punk music such as 'The Clash's' early stuff and now have a new appreciation of it. Latest band I discovered is an Australian group called Radio Birdman who play very varied material...
And yes... I agree Green Day is most definitely not punk!!! More like Pop-Rock with punk stylings... :hand:
After seeing Magazine live along with also discovering and catching Wire live in the space of a few weeks, I have a new appreciation for 'punk' music.. albeit the more intricate, inventive and experimental stuff belonging to the 'post-punk' category.
Funny thing is after falling in love with 'post-punk', I have revisited some more of the straightforward punk music such as 'The Clash's' early stuff and now have a new appreciation of it. Latest band I discovered is an Australian group called Radio Birdman who play very varied material...
And yes... I agree Green Day is most definitely not punk!!! More like Pop-Rock with punk stylings... :hand:
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015
"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]
http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015
"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]
http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw

