Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o
#58
The only other thing I remember is that it was a live album. The recording quality was also extremely good. This is going back many years so it's all a bit vague to me. And now that you mention it, I think it was marimbas. I don't really know any of Zappa's stuff but a friend of mine was playing this many moons ago and it caught my attention. When he mentioned it was Zappa I could not believe it. At that stage I though he was all about singing outrageous songs as oppsed to being a really good composer. COmplex drum and guitar parts with a very stop/start sort of feel to it. Sorry I cannot be more specific - that's all I can remember. The brain is on the way out.....

This is not the sort of thing I normally listen to - I tend to go for airy fairy/arty farty stuff, but this is one from a different genre (for me anyway) that really made me sit up and take note. Not enough, obviously. Must have been the abundance of chemicals in circulation at the time. It's either late 70's or early 80's.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums Ruby 284 111,561 12-08-2026, 06:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 259 70,260 10-05-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What albums have you played the most ? SteveO 29 8,785 08-05-2025, 12:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Which of these dance songs would be essential for a party? StymeeJones 1 1,857 11-04-2025, 23:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2024 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 13 5,521 27-12-2024, 04:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,282 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 4,008 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 7,235 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS Ruby 82 24,872 01-07-2023, 09:50
Last Post: Ruby
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 17,753 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe

Forum Jump: