28-02-2012, 23:12
Jerome Wrote:Nothing whatsoever wrong with you - you're just a human being. Being human. Happens to all of us and for some or other reason, which continues to escape me by the way, we want to suppress it. Screw that - let it out. And if there is anyone who dismisses it as being too soft, here's the scientific evidence. Grief, sadness and all those other emotions release chemicals (endorphins - I think) into the bloodstream so that you don't completely collapse and that is how Mother Nature keeps the body going when the brain wants to give up. End of medical lesson number 1. Dr Disney has retired.
Having said that, I am a real softie and especially don't like to see animals suffer. I look after about 13 stray cats (don't really have the grounds for larger animals otherwise the house would look like a zoo) that have been abandoned by their previous owners (human beings can be real shits sometimes) and I often have to go down to the vet to get one fixed, or fixed up, or put down because it's been in collision with a car or some dog has gotten hold of it. Costs an absolute fortune to keep this lot going and the food bill is just plain ridiculous. Would love to chuck up the corporate crap and run a wildlife sanctuary. But that's for the next life - rapidly approaching I might add...
Sooooooooooooooooooooo - if there is anyone on MD who enjoys hunting in any form I would prefer not to hear about it, thanks very much. Keep it to yourself. If it is done for survival I have no problem with it. If it is done purely for amusement, trophies or that wonderful word 'sport' you should be shot - repeatedly. i.e you should be subjected to the same misery you inflict on the animal.
JMO
pretty much have the same comments for MH with you Jerome...
takes more of a man to cry and show emotion, that some "macho" pig!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

