Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Live Show Thread
#2
I think this is a good idea, although I'm not a frequent concert go-er, usually about once a month - just depends on who comes to Belfast/Dublin and when.

Can I just boast then about the really good Biffy Clyro concert I was at on Sunday? Smallish venue and sold out for months. I'm not a huge fan but had heard they were pretty good live so 3 of us went. Just a great rock concert - very little chat just lots of songs played with gusto and a nice acoustic session half way through. Played for a good two hours. Have been listening to some studio albums by the band since and they are positively dull by comparison.

Funnily enough the venue is part of the Queens University Student Union and was the first time I've been back there since graduating. I was reminising that I use to attend Terry Hooley's Reggae Discos (!) every Tuesday night in the same hall when I was a student - so good music - good memories and good friends!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The Live Show Thread - by Dementia32 - 17-12-2008, 04:08
The Live Show Thread - by CMB1888 - 14-01-2009, 02:31

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new Neil Young "live album" details CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,646 30-04-2016, 04:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  vans warped tour thread untilwegettom 0 1,021 04-03-2016, 18:12
Last Post: untilwegettom
  championing the unheralded--an ongoing thread jazzboCR 97 28,852 05-03-2015, 06:13
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Performer Hospitality: Within a Live Music Context. kitch89 5 2,333 01-03-2015, 05:18
Last Post: jazzboCR
  The Association Football Thread Big Ears 44 10,798 18-12-2014, 22:01
Last Post: Big Ears
  Wasn't there a concerts thread before? TraceNspace 5 2,619 20-08-2014, 13:07
Last Post: SteveO
  A Condolence Thread For The Victims Of MH17 gryphon 6 2,362 23-07-2014, 21:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  internet radio show all about guitars jazzboCR 1 1,232 13-05-2014, 02:03
Last Post: SteveO
  distinctive voices and voicing--an ongoing Thread jazzboCR 6 2,345 30-03-2014, 15:52
Last Post: SteveO
  Why was this Thread locked? jazzboCR 2 1,392 22-02-2014, 22:41
Last Post: jazzboCR

Forum Jump: