Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
slipknot
#12
I think Slipknot created the genre of New Wave Heavy Metal, a genre whose popularity soared with them and with bands like Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce etc, which also made older metal from the 80s and early 90s popular again with teenagers (in the UK anyway). I've only got V3: The Subliminal Verses, not being a huge fan of the genre, as it's arguably their lightest album. I agree that Corey Taylor's voice really suits the band, and the guitar and drum work is amazing as well.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
slipknot - by synystergates17 - 28-07-2008, 21:48

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Slipknot "the end, so far" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,015 12-10-2022, 11:50
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind Music Head 5 1,974 22-08-2019, 12:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Slipknot - 5: The Gray Chapter Music Head 5 3,457 26-11-2014, 12:44
Last Post: psychosapien

Forum Jump: