The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is the title and artist? - American folk/comedy circa 1979
#1
Hello all.
I really hope some song guru(s) can fill in the blanks. I'm beginning to think I'm imagining this song!...lol

I'll do my best to describe it. I dont really remember any of the specific lyrics.
It is in the style of Mac Davis, Ray Stevens, and Jim Stafford's folk/ballad type comedy songs. I've researched all of them as good as Google gets with no luck. I've not seen anything that rings the memory bell.

The song is "set" in a bar and the male singer is rating women on the Bo Derek "10" scale of the era...
paraphrased..."...a 10 would fit right in....a 9 would be fine....." etc, or something similar. At the end he sings that she has used the same scale to berate him, his cloths, hair, beerbelly, etc and ends up rating him as a 2 as I recall.
It is a really cute song but I cant find the title or who did it. It was on the juke box at the local watering hole I frequented in the 70's.
I've pondered and searched for the answer for many years. This is the first time I've tried posting the question to a forum. If there are any other places I could try, please let me know.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
GM
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What is the title and artist? - American folk/comedy circa 1979 - by gargamel - 02-08-2013, 01:48

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please for my little girl, who knows the title of this music? nani14 0 1,388 11-03-2016, 11:07
Last Post: nani14
  Help to identify song title / artist please k33adr 0 1,237 16-01-2015, 15:56
Last Post: k33adr
  Dying to know what this song is called (artist/composer/group) vladdi 2 1,248 23-12-2014, 09:07
Last Post: vladdi
  Whats the title of this song? coure2011 0 947 10-09-2014, 08:19
Last Post: coure2011
  Looking for this song and the artist lenardfleming 1 2,639 30-12-2013, 00:23
Last Post: SteveO
  Please can you identify the artist and name of the song? Eliona Fostergate 0 941 21-03-2013, 20:41
Last Post: Eliona Fostergate
  Looking for artist/title a pop song (I tried to humm it - listen attachment) firepol 0 981 10-03-2013, 12:29
Last Post: firepol
  "(This) (It) Will Be the Last Dance" - Title, anyone? MidiLife Crisis 4 2,282 23-12-2012, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  Song search artist or songname rollixx 0 1,076 04-11-2012, 19:22
Last Post: rollixx
  Who is the artist ???3 months looking with no luck :P siadioni 2 1,366 24-10-2012, 00:30
Last Post: evilB

Forum Jump: