17-03-2008, 19:01
I go to jazz clubs and talk to a whole aray of masterful musicians and I ask them direct (and not all of them are jazz there also funk,rock, and ambient or eclectic) why are you guys playing to a crowd of thirty when you can handle crowds of thousands ? And most if not all say we all have to go to Germany ,Japan, or Europe and make are selves known out there because we get no radio play and the whole image driven factor is in high effect. Modern music today is not thriving nor inspired but highly produced and pre-written. I would have to say that I have yet to hear something that makes me go "whoa" in this new millenia .The 90s had bands ! maybe not the most virtuoso musicaly but emotionaly and song craft wise awesome ! and who else hear can truly say that they have heard anything new in todays modern muisc that made them say "wow ! that song is incredible !" I havent ...I have heard talent but nothing innovative or profound but yet this can all be so subversive maybe everyone loves whats out....I just think were not getting the full potential thats out there and Ive seen some of it.

