18-04-2014, 06:49
I like all the bands you listed. Sum 41 was the first of their kind, but they're not really punk. They're a combination of metal and pop punk. Great ******* band though. I've dug all their records up through Chuck.
Green Day is a classic example of a band selling out. Keep in mind Green Day is my all time favorite band and I don't think there's anything wrong with selling out. You gotta be able to make money. But yes I agree they are one of the best examples of a classic punk band and they definitely paved the way for punk rock as we know it.
Good Charlotte are pop punk and were part of that short lived spotlight on the punk scene.
MCR started out as a horror punk/emo punk band and eventually died out before they could sell out.
Green Day is a classic example of a band selling out. Keep in mind Green Day is my all time favorite band and I don't think there's anything wrong with selling out. You gotta be able to make money. But yes I agree they are one of the best examples of a classic punk band and they definitely paved the way for punk rock as we know it.
Good Charlotte are pop punk and were part of that short lived spotlight on the punk scene.
MCR started out as a horror punk/emo punk band and eventually died out before they could sell out.

