18-04-2014, 06:55
My top 5 punk bands would have to be (in no particular order):
The Flatliners
These guys made my favorite record of all time. Their 2010 release Calvacade is an incredible record. They are also a great example of a modern band playing in a classic punk style.
The Menzingers
I first heard of these guys before they signed to Epitaph and couldn't help but think that they were edgy. I don't know how else to describe this band besides abrasive, edgy, and downright punk. Their newer stuff is a little poppier, but still awesome. They have an album coming out tomorrow I believe which has been streaming this entire week and is one of the best records I've heard.
Green Day
Everyone knows Green Day. ******* awesome band.
The Swellers
I found these guys in a small venue in Canoga Park, CA. Played a ******* killer show. I bought their record that night and have been a fan ever since.
The Offspring
Just a classic example of a punk rock band with a sense of humor. ******* love these guys.
The Flatliners
These guys made my favorite record of all time. Their 2010 release Calvacade is an incredible record. They are also a great example of a modern band playing in a classic punk style.
The Menzingers
I first heard of these guys before they signed to Epitaph and couldn't help but think that they were edgy. I don't know how else to describe this band besides abrasive, edgy, and downright punk. Their newer stuff is a little poppier, but still awesome. They have an album coming out tomorrow I believe which has been streaming this entire week and is one of the best records I've heard.
Green Day
Everyone knows Green Day. ******* awesome band.
The Swellers
I found these guys in a small venue in Canoga Park, CA. Played a ******* killer show. I bought their record that night and have been a fan ever since.
The Offspring
Just a classic example of a punk rock band with a sense of humor. ******* love these guys.

