Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hi!
#11
Severin Wrote:Hiho Hinch. Just testing to see if I can post a URL link. 'Hybrid' by Siouxsie & the Banshees from "Kaleidoscope". It looks like there are a lot of bells and whistles here, emoticons, underlining, italics, spell checking, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJvZgS3xdY

Works great and a welcome to you, Severin. Great post==Siousxie was not to every taste but I sure dug her> Keep up this excellent start--instant audience. And this is a template for others.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#12
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:A warm welcome to both of you.....

Music Head and myself visited Nashville four years ago....
Visited the Opry and Willie's museum next to the embarrassing Dukes of Hazzard museum....I never liked that tv show but you had to enter to view the Willie museum....
Was a shame Willie's merchandise didn't include "Willie weed".....that would be a big seller/draw card for the place for sure....LMAO

Which is why the "Willie Museum" shoulda been in Denver. They can't build an airport woth a sh!t but the sure can legalize rhe herbal essence. Moving right along....
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#13
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a listen. I own Kasey's 1999 album THE CAPTAIN. I haven't heard much off her other music.
Reply
#14
welcome Nashville cat
like your interests in various genres
stick around
Reply
#15
Music Head Wrote:welcome Nashville cat
like your interests in various genres
stick around


Thanks neighbor!
Reply
#16
Hinch Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a listen. I own Kasey's 1999 album THE CAPTAIN. I haven't heard much off her other music.

This AMG discog shows that all her stuff is excellent and how important she is to Australian music: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/kasey-cha...iscography Fortunately most of her stuff is relatively cheap at the Usual Suspect.
To muddy the waters a little bit, there's another great Kacey--American country artist Kacey Musgraves: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/kacey-mus...iscography
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#17
Hinch Wrote:I've seen Hank Jr about 15 times. He used to play in Nashville every year on the weekend closest to his birthday. My brother and I went every year. I haven't seen him since the early 1990s.

I like Hank III too. I've never seen him live.

I saw Elvis Presley in 1973. I also saw Elvis Costello several years later. I've seen many concerts in my days.

Unfortunately, Ringo is the only Beatle I've seen live. I saw him in 2000. I saw Julian Lennon in the eighties, and Sean Lennon in the nineties with Lenny Kravitz.

The only Beatle I've seen in Paul, Foxboro stadium back in 1990. They were nose-bleed seats but he had a good light show. I still have the tour book he gave away to all attendees.
Reply
#18
Severin

What's up. I haven't been on here in a few days.
Reply
#19
Hinch Wrote:I just registered this morning. I love music! I can find something to enjoy in a wide variety of genres; mainly rock, pop, jazz, country, reggae and folk music. Most of the music I listen to is from the 1980s and earlier but I like some music from every decade.

Very few people on the site ever discuss reggae music but it's a genre I like a lot. Marley is obviously the kingpin. Love his stuff.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#20
i have Marley's compilation set "legend" on cassette from back in the day...used to love it but Reggae and I don't really get on nowadays...
I still love that UB40 debut album "signing off" though
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Forum Jump: