Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
ambernector Wrote:Welcome back.... Bet it is nice to be at home again
That it is Tony! Good to be back too mate! :wink:
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Iota Wrote:y0! Welcome back but it didn't have to be that detailed.
Sorry mate! Didn't realise it was "that detailed". And thanks for the welcome back! :redface:
Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
Hi - hope you have a speedy recovery!
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
CMB1888 Wrote:Hi - hope you have a speedy recovery!
Thank you my friend! :wink:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Your picture sans beard has been nagging at me. You look like someone, and it's only just occurred to me that it's Allan Jones, editor of one of the UK music monthlies:
No offence intended...
Glad you're OK, sir.
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Tiggi Wrote:Your picture sans beard has been nagging at me. You look like someone, and it's only just occurred to me that it's Allan Jones, editor of one of the UK music monthlies:
![[Image: allan_jones_0012.jpg]](http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CId289lYIdc/SgiKGy7HQXI/AAAAAAAADCE/2-dxlnQ6rmM/s200/allan_jones_0012.jpg)
No offence intended...
Glad you're OK, sir.
None taken either, Tigger! :laugh:
Thanks mate! :wink:
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
I have to say that this particular card received from a dear friend of Shirley and I in the States totally satisfies my sense of stupidity when it comes to how to cope with being ill.
Hope you get a kick out of it folks!
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Saw the oncologist on Friday morning (October 16) and he sent me for a blood test for kidney function so he could arrange the correct dosage of Zometa (Zoledronic Acid) for me to be given. This will be an injection (given over 15mins) every month that will supposedly maintain bone strength and alleviate pain so that I don't wind up with any breakages through osteoporosis which would see me immobilised and bugger me up completely with the cancer. He does seem to think, however, that I won't last all that long because of the aggressive nature of my particular cancer and the fact that my PSA seems to be increasing about threefold every three months or so. This is apparently an indicator of sorts. :hand:
At least this means I shan't be subjected to lengthy Chemotherapy sessions every three weeks for the remainder and is probably the lesser of a couple of evils. :wink:
PS: To any of you that I have promised CDs or DVDs of the band, please remind me as I will endeavour to get all done as best I can. I am, at the moment, transferring to DVD what I want to keep of the videotapes that Shirley and I collected together over the 21½ years we were together. I am handing the tapes onto my friend Paul who has been kindly mowing my lawns and doing other odd jobs for Shirley and I as we've needed them over the years. I am also going to try and sell off some of the furniture and get a few quid to enjoy myself with.
mile:
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Best of luck Beach
I would choose anything over chemo, even the inevitable.
Of course that's easy to say, not being in the position.