Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ADELE "hello (its me)"
#11
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Adele is also a "rare" artist these days....

she can sing without autotune and she keeps herself fully clothed(doesn't have to be a skank to sell records!)

yeap exactly. that's what makes her stand out. This song reminds me of the old days when good music was good music no matter the genre, and everyone loved it. No gimmicks, just plain talent. I hate how the top 40 has changed over the years. It has gotten so bubble gum and kid centric at times. I think this is the first number 1 hit song that I liked this year, since The Weeknd - Earned It. But when a song like this comes out, you know right away that it's better than everything else.
Reply
#12
I guess I must be in the minority here. I don't think this track is that great. If anything it's a bad rehash of her big hit. Lyrics are simplistic, the actual tune leaves a lot to be desired (the movement of the notes) and the mix is really crap. (Listen to how indistinct the drums are in the last section - completely muffled - if they were clearer the track would have had much more impact in the closing section) Her voice is really good but it's starting to border on shouting. She abandoned work on an album she was writing in order to produce a follow-up to 'Someone Like You'. And although the market will react positively - like sheep - it's actually a cop out. She should have stuck with her original idea. But I am willing to bet management forced her to come up with this. This is a bad carbon copy of what was a magnificent piece of music. Sorry Auntie Adele, this just does not do it for me. Take the millions you are going to make from this and go and record the album you were going to do.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#13
Contrary to belief I actually agree with what you posted Jerome...
Every song on "21" is better than this new single and at least half of "19" are also better songs but...
Its refreshing to hear new music from a REAL singer instead of the vast majority of the music currently in the charts...
I still think the new album "25" will still be a good album....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#14
I was only saying to Dani last night that I'd really like to hear Adele take on some Jim Steinman songs at some point.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#15
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:I was only saying to Dani last night that I'd really like to hear Adele take on some Jim Steinman songs at some point.

That would be a good match indeed!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#16
have you heard Pandora's Box's album "original sin" Jerome????

all members had worked previously on various projects with Steinman but they made this one album under the name Pandora's Box,
it includes the original version of "its all coming back to me now", which Celine Dion covered a few years after...

"original sin" is superb IMO, up there with the best Steinman songs he ever wrote.
I have the album on vinyl, but not on cd yet...

here's their original version of "its all coming back to me now" for your listening pleasure(assuming you'd be interested,that is)

[video=youtube;vLdYfx54OIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdYfx54OIg[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#17
enters the Billboard chart this week at #1

I like it
but as I always say
it's all relative

Reply
#18
thanks for the info MH....

the "mid-week" sales figures in the UK suggest, assuming theres no unforeseen circumstances, that she will retain the #1 position there for the second week also...

also on the UK mid week albums sales figures it looks like the Elvis Presley/Orchestra album will debut at #1 this week over there, his sales figures are 10,000+ sales ahead of the new Rod Stewart album, so he should come in at #2 this week behind Presley.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#19
lol
mid-week sales
I don't know, it's just funny

Reply
#20
Like Jerome, I am just not feeling this one. I have tried listening to this one twice but its not catching my interest.

My fave by her is still Make You Feel My Love. After that, I find a lot of her work sounds the same.

Gorgeous voice though.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adele "water under the bridge" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,716 15-01-2017, 03:43
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Adele "send my love(to your new lover)" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,129 26-05-2016, 06:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Adele - All I Ask Music Head 1 1,797 24-02-2016, 12:21
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Adele - Remedy Music Head 0 1,213 05-12-2015, 12:08
Last Post: Music Head
  Adele - Water Under The Bridge Music Head 1 1,620 04-12-2015, 09:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Adele "25" CRAZY-HORSE 13 5,073 02-12-2015, 21:07
Last Post: Music Head
  Adele - When We Were Young Music Head 0 1,316 02-12-2015, 13:15
Last Post: Music Head
  ADELE "skyfall" CRAZY-HORSE 4 2,685 20-02-2013, 07:46
Last Post: JamesBond
  adele at the grammys... Erian 1 1,469 01-03-2012, 18:35
Last Post: hatchetman
  new release: Adele "21" CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,306 19-03-2011, 09:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: