Poll: What Is The Best Clash Album
This poll is closed.
The Clash
26.47%
9 26.47%
Give 'Em Enough Rope
2.94%
1 2.94%
London Calling
47.06%
16 47.06%
Sandanista!
11.76%
4 11.76%
Combat Rock
11.76%
4 11.76%
Cut The Crap
0%
0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clash Best Album Poll - 1 of 1
#11
c'mon folks, does this mean no ones actually listened to Sandanista, the range of styles and the songwriting go a long way to making it the finest Clash album, that said I do like Rudy Can't Fail from LC
#12
I like it a lot, but think it's a fair way off being their best...
#13
faaipdeoaid Wrote:c'mon folks, does this mean no ones actually listened to Sandanista, the range of styles and the songwriting go a long way to making it the finest Clash album, that said I do like Rudy Can't Fail from LC

Been a while since I last heard this album. Will add to my wanted list, and reply later this post.
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
#14
For me, Sandanista! was the peak of the Clash's musical output. Although the length put a lot of people of, there are some real gems : Lightning Strikes, The Call Up, Somebody Got Murdered, Hitsville UK. They really blended a lot of diverse genres together into a unique mix. Although London Calling is their most accessible album, Sandinista has much more to offer the listener.
#15
The clash 77 for sure
#16
I imagine i'm not unlike most people when I say that my intoduction to the Clash was via London Calling. It was fresh, at the time. And great. Then I acquired Clash 77 and my mind was blown. The raw energy in every track. The emotion. The (what I consder) true punk sound, never duplicated in another clash release. Rope was also very true to the sound that I think of as " The Clash ". So for me the vote was tough between 77, Rope, and Calling. Sandanista was also excellent in many ways, although the musical theme was a little repetative. It was also a change in direction, I thought. Combat rock was , in my opinion, the worst. It was a disappointing effort at going mainstream. Pardon my ignorance but I've never heard of cut the crap, was it released in Canada ?
#17
ConMan Wrote:Pardon my ignorance but I've never heard of cut the crap, was it released in Canada ?

I don't know if it was released in Canada or not but it was recorded after Mick and Topper had left the band, with 3? new members beside Joe and Paul. A totally different sounding band.

My favorites are Give 'em Enough Rope and London Calling; I can't choose just one! Also love their first album of course, and Sandinista too, some great songs on there. "Somebody got Murdered" is one of my favorite Clash songs. I don't like Combat Rock or Cut the Crap.

A real a shame what happened to break up the band.

My introduction to The Clash was from hearing the song Bankrobber in the movie Rocknrolla Tongue
#18
It's London Calling for me. I never get sick of 'Rudie Can't Fail' or 'Spanish Bombs' or even 'Lost in the Supermarket'!
#19
Hard to choose between The Clash and London Calling but got to be The Clash for me. The tunes are raw and powerfull and Joes voice oozes aggression. Proper punk record.
#20
For me it's 'Sandinista' hands down. It's the only Clash album I'm really bothered about with perhaps the exception of 'London Calling'. Such a wide range of styles embraced on that album, its unbelievable. Joe Strummer was a great musician.

P.S. I'm glad no-one's voted 'Cut The Crap'. It's bloody awful!
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 5 7,490 14-11-2016, 11:34
Last Post: Jerome
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 8 9,447 29-07-2016, 15:38
Last Post: bob_32_116
  U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 19 12,922 29-07-2016, 15:34
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 18,674 29-07-2016, 15:23
Last Post: bob_32_116
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 22 17,536 29-06-2016, 05:39
Last Post: Ndowar75
  Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 23 13,460 23-05-2016, 15:54
Last Post: Jerome
  AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 15,585 22-05-2016, 22:03
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 50 25,003 20-05-2016, 04:52
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 43 22,825 20-05-2016, 00:00
Last Post: nefilim
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 12 8,101 19-05-2016, 23:59
Last Post: nefilim

Forum Jump: