Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment
This is why I feel that recording is so important for me as a musician. Mozart did not need to record for his music to find its place in history, but we must. There are a lot of musicians/artists making records out there, and I believe that each record leaves a mark in history that represents the human condition in that time and space. I also believe that technology will soon allow the true talent of the world to emerge from under the corporate, profit-driven, recording industry. And then, we will hear creativity and originalty like never before. Perhaps the return of the symphony. Only, symphonies of a digital age.
jasonalanjohnson Wrote:This is why I feel that recording is so important for me as a musician. Mozart did not need to record for his music to find its place in history, but we must. There are a lot of musicians/artists making records out there, and I believe that each record leaves a mark in history that represents the human condition in that time and space. I also believe that technology will soon allow the true talent of the world to emerge from under the corporate, profit-driven, recording industry. And then, we will hear creativity and originalty like never before. Perhaps the return of the symphony. Only, symphonies of a digital age.

I really share your view and positivism here!

Creativity and originality not filtered by a "producer" deciding the new trend; instead, the new trend of liberty and originality in music.
Drealm Wrote:Over millions of years of evolutions, it's been only about 100 years until now that we can record music. And everything about music that humanity could ever dream of just happened recently: music that can be recorded to a quality that our ears can fully enjoy; music we can buy and keep all our life long; music we can bring with us and listen in tiny speakers that fit in our ears.

Even more: nearly everybody can learn and do music today; you can even download music easily from all over the world (try to think of a time when obtaining music was an easy task...); you can put nearly all music you love into a tiny mp3 player; it's not a luxury anymore: everybody can have access to all the music he ever wanted, the the poor to the rich; no more discrimination.

Again more: today, nearly every style of music we can think of have been made, so the choice is kind of unlimited so there's choice for every taste possible. You have computers at home that you can use to rip, burn, convert all your music and enjoy it in every way you want.

When I think about it, being a music lover, is there anything that could be better than this??!!!

Ha Ha !! I'm born in an era of time when I can 100% enjoy music!!

Think when you had to go to a Mozart concert to listen to music, and it was only high society admittance. Imagine having to ask a composer to play his song each time you want to listen to it. Imagine yourself as a caveman making a little song with bones that only you and some mates will enjoy only for this time. Music have always been hard to really enjoy, and when I think about all these millions years of evolution, I can say it's been only for 60-70 years that we can really enjoy music like we want. We are a very privileged generation of people.

I wanted to share this because I hope some will realize the immense chance we all have now.

I am still trying to figure out how to play an E chord on a femur
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:I am still trying to figure out how to play and E chord on a femur

Isn't that considered animal abuse?

Gotta love the Music Head !!!!...lol
Music Head Wrote:Isn't that considered animal abuse?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,331 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Born on this day ... Ruby 2,217 370,194 27-08-2024, 19:45
Last Post: Ruby
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,142 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,283 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,479 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 851 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean