Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
who is your favorite blues artist
#11
I like this dude... I'm very happy to have seen him play this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gwRlwmpmfM
Reply
#12
soulkat9 Wrote:SRV and John Mayer

Great picks. I'd also throw the folllowing Zepplin's songs at against any great blues track:

Travelin' Riverside Blues
The Lemon Song
How Many More Times
Bring it on Home

Also "Hear my train a coming" acoustic - Jimi Hendrix
Reply
#13
If we're throwing Zeppelin songs into the mix, how about Since I've Been Loving You ??
Reply
#14
I would say Hendrix, after that, it would be Leadbelly, Muddy Waters, Joe Bonamassa, and Davy Knowles.
Reply
#15
Musicluv2 Wrote:I'd also throw the folllowing Zepplin's songs at against any great blues track:

Travelin' Riverside Blues
The Lemon Song
How Many More Times
Bring it on Home

Is this a joke post? The first and last of those 4 songs are covers and The Lemon Song is notoriously "inspired" by Wolf's Killing Floor.

Anyway, Mississippi John Hurt is the best of the bluesmen, followed by Howlin' Wolf.
Reply
#16
Well this is technically a blues artists, but I love Todd Taylor. His new album Something Different showcases his banjo-playing talent as he is the world's fastest banjo player!
Reply
#17
Got to go with Muddy
"You can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." -Dr. Timothy Leary

http://iamthekman.blogspot.com/
Reply
#18
I'm really, really digging John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf lately.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#19
I've always really liked John Lee Hooker too... such a talent.
Reply
#20
Riley B King is good.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love the blues bluesman 22 11,246 20-10-2021, 08:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,913 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SINGLE: Morrissey ft: Billie Joe Armstrong "wedding bell blues" CRAZY-HORSE 0 815 25-04-2019, 13:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing soul artist perfect music video Nina !!!! Nina Tolins LillySam 1 1,702 29-06-2016, 09:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Pianist Marika Takeuchi Is A Top Airplay Artist Who Radio Programmers Love Eugena 0 1,564 17-05-2016, 22:54
Last Post: Eugena
  Anyone know any good female blues/rock singers? Pipikins321 45 30,620 26-02-2016, 13:43
Last Post: GilesM
  My favorite song patrickowen21 0 1,279 15-11-2015, 06:58
Last Post: patrickowen21
  Recent Blues LP finds... vinyldisc 13 7,939 13-06-2015, 04:21
Last Post: jazzboCR
  New music video - fresh artist Amalia Alberto Watty 0 1,340 10-03-2015, 03:23
Last Post: Amalia Alberto Watty
  Britain's best sing.jump blues outfit jazzboCR 0 1,034 16-02-2015, 01:39
Last Post: jazzboCR

Forum Jump: