Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is the PERFECT metal album for you?
#11
Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What!
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute to Rhandy Rhoads, Diary of A Madman, Blizzard of Oz
Metallica - Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All...

you should check out seevl.net, its a great way of finding new artists in a specific genre Smile
Reply
#12
jb_music Wrote:Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What!
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute to Rhandy Rhoads, Diary of A Madman, Blizzard of Oz
Metallica - Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All...

Interesting choices. I'm surprised that "So Far, So Good...So What" would be a favorite Megadeth album though. I like that album, but it's my least favorite of their old stuff. For me the songs are either really awesome or just blah. My favs from that album are "Into the Lungs of Hell," "Mary Jane," "502," and of course "In My Darkest Hour." Okay, wait, I guess that's a pretty damn good album.

"...And Justice For All" is immortal, and for Sabbath, I gotta say Paranoid is a freaking MASTERPIECE ALBUM. I dig almost all of their albums, but that one is a definite solid listen all the way through.

My favorite metal albums at the moment have to be (and I knwo this has changed a bit from my last post):
Blackwater Park - Opeth
...And Justice For All - Metallica
Rust in Piece - Megadeth
Shadows are Security - As I Lay Dying
anything by In Flames
Character - Dark Tranquility
The Crucible of Man - Iced Earth
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Reply
#13
I know So far, So good...So What! is a weird choice but I remember it was my favorite album in my megadeth loving era haha, liar, hook in mouth I think were great album songs, but set the world afire and mary jane just did it for me...not to mention in my darkest hour!

killing is my buisness...and buisness is good! was also one of my favorites...I think I like them because they sound more raw than the likes of Rust In Peace which is awesome as well, Wake Up Dead is fabulous...well Peace Cells the whole album for that matter! but I just loved the So Far So Good era,

I love Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, the Paul D'ianno days are my favourite, although Number of The Beast is class.

Black Sabbath - Wheels Of Confusion is one of my favourite tracks that's why I love Vol. 4! Paranoid also...all their albums up until Sabotage are just amazing!
Reply
#14
Sabotage and Technical Ecstasy were their best!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#15
Ah yeah! wasn't very big on technical ecstasy but I love the track back street kids from it
Reply
#16
jb_music Wrote:Ah yeah! wasn't very big on technical ecstasy but I love the track back street kids from it

I agree

'I'm just another back street kid

Rock n roll music is the only thing I really dig'

Sounds like the soundtrack to my life.....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#17
Jerome Wrote:I agree

'I'm just another back street kid

Rock n roll music is the only thing I really dig'

Sounds like the soundtrack to my life.....

haha sweet,
same here it's like an anthem Big Grin

what do you think of AC/DC's Highway to Hell... I know it's not exactly metal but Bon Scott Vocal is just so awesome!
Reply
#18
Great track - Love their BIB album!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#19
the tony danza tapdance extravaganza - danza iiii: the alpha and the omega

josh travis' incredible technical mathcore guitar playing and jessie freelands powerful screaming flow perfectly into the beautiful ambient bits imo
Reply
#20
jb_music Wrote:Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What!
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute to Rhandy Rhoads, Diary of A Madman, Blizzard of Oz
Metallica - Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All...

you should check out seevl.net, its a great way of finding new artists in a specific genre Smile

wow nice! Great taste
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beartooth - Pure Ecstasy Music Head 0 135 21-09-2026, 12:16
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Mastodon - Marrow Deep Music Head 0 189 18-09-2026, 12:34
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: PRESIDENT - Blood Of Your Empire Music Head 1 155 17-09-2026, 12:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Warning - Everything's Falling Music Head 0 138 13-09-2026, 10:57
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Seether - Vicennial: 2 Decades Of Seether Music Head 1 328 18-08-2026, 23:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Loathe - A Stranger To You Music Head 0 302 04-08-2026, 12:05
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Motionless In White - Decades Music Head 3 529 01-08-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Muse - The Wow! Signal Music Head 0 318 13-07-2026, 11:10
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Evanescence - Sanctuary Music Head 0 363 19-06-2026, 12:11
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Black Veil Brides - VINDICATE Music Head 1 594 24-05-2026, 12:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: