Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Christian Music
#11
...i would have voted alongside you had i been around then mate!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#12
and I also!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#13
Thanks you guys!!! Whoever vetoed it must realize that there are some who love gospel music. Elvis even sang gospel. A lot of his friends were gospel singers and songwriters. He would introduce Dottie Rambo everytime she was at his concert. She is one of the best gospel songwriters ever!! Elvis recorded her song If That Isn't Love. One of his favorite singers was Jake Hess. Some of Elvis's best songs are gospel. There are many who love the Lord and I see nothing wrong with having a Gospel section. If not for the Lord I don't think I would be here today. I have had a hard life but the Lord has stayed by me.
Reply
#14
[video=youtube;A9pnoTMHF9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9pnoTMHF9A[/video] Here is the song sung by Elvis which originally was sung and was written by Dottie Rambo.
Reply
#15
[video=youtube;96gOjU54YOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gOjU54YOs[/video] One more example of Elvis's love for gospel music. This song was written by Bill and Gloria Gaither Confusedmile:
Reply
#16
were you aware that Elvis only won three "grammy" awards during his life time and that all three Grammy's were actually for his Gospel recordings!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#17
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:were you aware that Elvis only won three "grammy" awards during his life time and that all three Grammy's were actually for his Gospel recordings!!!!
Interesting!! No Crazy Horse, I was not aware of that but I knew he was good at gospel. I love to hear him sing How Great Thou Art and the Trilogy which is my favorite song he does.
Reply
#18
[video=youtube;83TaYIQHVvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83TaYIQHVvU[/video] This is one of my favorite Mark Lowry comedy videos. Hope y'all enjoy Confusedmile:
Reply
#19
[video=youtube;CMg_4pJ1e4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMg_4pJ1e4g[/video] Ivan is coming to my town Oct. 10th Confusedmile: Going to be a busy Oct.
Reply
#20
^ Mine too in both cases, I love Elvis's Trilogy and How Great Thou Art!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Charli xcx - Rock Music Music Head 0 386 24-05-2026, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - "moon music" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,382 16-10-2024, 12:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  GHOST TRAIN ORCHESTRA AND KRONOS QUARTET ~ Songs & Symphoniques: The Music of Moondog Ruby 0 911 01-10-2023, 12:49
Last Post: Ruby
  Hungarian Folk Music jlvo 1 1,417 22-11-2021, 05:13
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres Music Head 1 1,221 30-10-2021, 04:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music - Old Church Basement Music Head 0 804 14-05-2021, 12:53
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Haim "women in music pt:3" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,110 08-07-2020, 12:31
Last Post: Music Head
  Slow Music recommendations. carbon_psycho 10 5,300 03-05-2020, 17:58
Last Post: Jerome
  NEW ALBUM: Bethel Music - Peace Music Head 2 1,843 01-05-2020, 01:29
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW SINGLE: Jarvis Cocker "house music all night long" CRAZY-HORSE 0 793 09-03-2020, 11:44
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: