Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Hendrix is a strange one for me. I'd fully acknowledge his technical instrumental prowess, and I wouldn't want to be without some of his music, but lots of his songs just don't quite do it for me. Not concerned by his voice, there's just something about his writing which leaves me a bit underwhelmed.
I realise this is my problem...
07-01-2011, 02:12
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 04:37 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
Yes,you are right!But I like Todd Taylor too. His new album Something Different showcases his banjo-playing talent as he is the world's fastest banjo player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy::happy:
Posts: 53
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2011
He didn't like to be called Bukka. So don't call him that.

mile:
Posts: 29
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2011
Mine favorite is John lee
Posts: 212
Threads: 27
Joined: Mar 2009
Everyone picks electric blues artists. Am I weird for liking the old Delta blues stuff?
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
goth metal raver Wrote:Everyone picks electric blues artists. Am I weird for liking the old Delta blues stuff?
no but, look at your pic and your user name dude
you're weird
Posts: 364
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2011
Taj Mahal
J. J. Cale
Walter Trout
Marcia Ball
Matthew Snow
Too Slim and the Taildraggers
Stacie Collins
Koko Taylor
Eva Cassidy
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
ect, ect, ect.......
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I'll go with the BIG 3 (no particular order) with this one;
BB King
John Lee Hooker
Muddy Waters
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Don't really have a favourite but I like Robert Cray's stuff.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
personally im not real keen on "the blues"...all sounds much of a muchness to me im afraid but do like bits and pieces,but no-one inparticular
i have a couple of Buddy Guy's cds and a handful of others by other artistsbut they would probably be considered more 'blues rock' than straight out 'blues'
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.