03-07-2014, 17:05
[video=youtube;RRf5XzHBFVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRf5XzHBFVw[/video] This is one of my favorite episodes featuring Anthony and Suzanne.
|
What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?
|
|
03-07-2014, 17:05
[video=youtube;RRf5XzHBFVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRf5XzHBFVw[/video] This is one of my favorite episodes featuring Anthony and Suzanne.
03-07-2014, 20:37
Longmire on A&E via Netflix. Sheriff in modern Wyoming, a surprisingly complex place. 3rd season and going strong--gripping; binge-worthy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836037/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
The Doors were wrong--I got plenty of time to wallow in the mire.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
04-07-2014, 12:09
These TV shows have been mostly occupying my down time lately.
Breaking Bad Game of Thrones Mad Men The Wire
08-07-2014, 15:58
[video=youtube;M6VGghx9rDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6VGghx9rDg[/video] I can't get off DW :laugh: Thought you Guys would enjoy this one if you have not seen the episode. It's really funny but Mary Jo is wrong. Wish mine were smaller. If I were younger I would have them reduced to a smaller size. They are a pain. Are you with me big breasted girls :laugh:
16-07-2014, 20:22
I like Orange Is The New Black very much and just finished season 2. About to start Hemlock Grove season 1.
17-07-2014, 01:51
rebelgirl Wrote:[video=youtube;Ujbv_oQot2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujbv_oQot2Y[/video] This is one of my very favorite episodes!! Dash and Suzanne were great together and of course they really got married after meeting on the show. I just love Dash's voice and sense of humor (sexy :laugh: ). I don't blame Delta Burke for falling for him I didn't watch much TV when this was current and so had no idea how good it was. This episode in particular had 2 great strengths: 1) Gerald McRaney who brought a great deal of class to everything he did, and 2) terrific writing--the English language is so tough to learn and nearly impossible to master; it's pure delight to hear it done well, poignantly and succinctly. A huge huzzah! to rebelgirl for bringing this to us--I need to tap in to this series, first to last--sure glad there's Hulu, Netflix and others, as accessible archives for classics.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
17-07-2014, 19:24
I really love the BBC's George Gently.........great detective story, really well set in the 60s very authentic , up there in the North of England and of course great sixties sound track
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive Oh! it wears a man down into the ground It's the strangest elation I can't describe it Oh it leaves a man weary It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
17-07-2014, 23:55
gryphon Wrote:I really love the BBC's George Gently.........great detective story, really well set in the 60s very authentic , up there in the North of England and of course great sixties sound track I agree completely with Gryphon--this series is a police procedural done right. For a late-60's British series with an anti-hero, try Callan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callan
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
01-09-2014, 02:09
The Cleaner Good US series from '08-'09. A guy who having wrestled his physical and psychic demons to a draw, helps others to confront theirs. Benjamin Bratt * leads the cast. IMDB and its audience likes it and so do I.: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103973/?ref_=nv_sr_1
* his project after his Homicide/ Law & Order, and E-Ring stints The only Peruvian Indian/American actor I know of.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
01-09-2014, 03:43
jazzboCR Wrote:I didn't watch much TV when this was current and so had no idea how good it was. This episode in particular had 2 great strengths: 1) Gerald McRaney who brought a great deal of class to everything he did, and 2) terrific writing--the English language is so tough to learn and nearly impossible to master; it's pure delight to hear it done well, poignantly and succinctly. A huge huzzah! to rebelgirl for bringing this to us--I need to tap in to this series, first to last--sure glad there's Hulu, Netflix and others, as accessible archives for classics.Happy you appreciate the excellence of this TV show Jazz!! Designing Women touched on subjects that other TV shows were afraid to handle except maybe All In The Family :biggrin: |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| What Are Your Favorite Stephen King Movies? | Lovely Linda | 24 | 8,974 |
21-06-2017, 23:08 Last Post: Lovely Linda |
|
| Favorite TV Star | Lovely Linda | 5 | 3,284 |
23-07-2015, 23:54 Last Post: TechnoKitten |
|
| Favorite TV Game Show | Lovely Linda | 4 | 2,354 |
06-05-2014, 05:23 Last Post: Lovely Linda |
|
| Favorite Musical? Stage or Movie | jroknbok | 45 | 15,702 |
14-10-2013, 22:32 Last Post: Mrrusty1 |
|
| Most, least, etc. favorite ROCKY music? | Fira | 1 | 1,785 |
01-03-2013, 08:10 Last Post: JamesBond |
|