25-09-2009, 19:44
I don't really like throwing records away but in this case I can make an exception, just for you, mister.
|
So, what do you think about the new Quee... I mean Muse album?
|
|
25-09-2009, 19:44
I don't really like throwing records away but in this case I can make an exception, just for you, mister.
25-09-2009, 20:52
Iota Wrote:I don't really like throwing records away but in this case I can make an exception, just for you, mister.now that's just cruel:evil:
26-09-2009, 13:47
I like some songs of Muse they are a good band but the new album is kinda boring...
28-09-2009, 08:01
But see, Muse are not an singles band... the music they record isn't like that. I really don't think they would even if they are capable of writing, a pop record. However, they aren't really an album band (much like Queen was) and do produce some popular songs that people like but not enough to credit them as a 'to buy' artist although i did buy one album purely because Knights of Cydonia intrigued me and I wanted to find out more.
Not a fan, but maybe this new album has shed a little new light; however not that likely purely because my music taste is at the pop-punk stage with NOFX performing in 2-3 nights time.
28-09-2009, 20:06
I like Muse.. But the new album was not all that great.. except the Exogenesis symphonies.
The new album doesn't have tracks that can match up to their previous awesome stuff like: Bliss, Knights of cydonia, invincible, Supermassive black hole, falling away.....
30-09-2009, 17:00
Frederik Wrote:So, now you all had time to chew on the new Muse album. Personally I think it's great. Matthew Bellamy reminds so much of Freddy Mercury, and the new style makes me think Queen. I am with you on this one Frederik. Why shouldn't another group be compared to Queen? It is a fact, their new style does like Queen.
MANIC MINER
traightface:
30-09-2009, 18:54
How is Matt Bellamy like Freddie Mercury? I don't get it.
30-09-2009, 23:06
There's nothing to get - If you like Muse for being themselves and inventing a new genre and being popular and commercialist, fine. I have no problems with that. You know what... i'm leaning towards the fact that Muse can have its own genre - called Muse music. Much like The Cure stuff; they never wanted to be labelled and each album had a different feel. much the same are Muse.
Got some time on your hands? Or wanna check out new (or old) music? Come have a read - http://www.wecalleditmusic.com/
01-10-2009, 01:17
If someone says Matt Bellamy is like Freddie Mercury then there's usually some basis for that comparison - I don't think they look similiar, sound similiar or perform in a similiar way - so I was just genuinely curious about why someone would make that comparison.
12-10-2009, 17:40
CMB1888 Wrote:If someone says Matt Bellamy is like Freddie Mercury then there's usually some basis for that comparison - I don't think they look similiar, sound similiar or perform in a similiar way - so I was just genuinely curious about why someone would make that comparison. I'm sorry for not having responded to your question, but I do think that you can draw some similarties between Freddie and Matt on this album. Mind you that English is not my native language, so it's hard for me to describe accurately. The whole composition of the album reminds me of some of Queen's greatest albums, the complex use of different styles, genres, instruments and the build-up of the songs. It is hard to say that Matt sounds like Freddie, cuz no one sounds like Freddie, but I think that in the vocal register and range Matt uses, he tries to imitate some of Freddies vocals, but in his own voice (if you understand). I also think that the breaks in the songs, in the tracklist reminds me so much of Queen. What just clarify everything is United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage), which is the biggest ode to Queen and their epitome Bohemian Rhapsody (which for me is one of the best tracks EVER)... I'm sorry if I spelled everything wrong, used wrong abbreviations etc. but I will try and clarify the best I can in your questions! ![]() Now, let's get this debate going because it can get very interesting. And please keep the unimportant and rather retarded comments away
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|