Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Top 5 punk bands?
#41
Movie poster from Naked Lunch film.

Yeah - see what you mean about Magritte painting - which creeps me out
Reply
#42
also think it is a cover to one of the book's (many!) editions actually - it bothers me that I can't find out who painted it ( i.e. have googled for about 2 minutes and have now given up)

trbc08 - do you know?
Reply
#43
I have no idea. I just enjoyed the book and film immensely, so I took it up as my avatar. I wouldn't doubt that it was a cover to one of the book's editions... Probably one from the late 80's or early 90's, as that's when the film was made.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#44
My top 5 in no particular order are

Blink-182
Bowing for soup
Thousand Foot Krutch / Fm static (They are Basically the same band)
Skillet
Yellow Card
Reply
#45
I don't listen to much punk but here are my top 2:
Anti-flag
The Offspring
Reply
#46
My top 5 would be;

1 The Clash
2 The Sex Pistols
3 MC 5
4 Dead Kennedys
5 Green Day
Reply
#47
I gotta go with:

01. Minutemen
02. The Clash
03. Richard Hell & The Voidoids
04. X
05. The Ramones

Honorable Mentions: The Damned, The Heartbreakers, Fucked Up, Rocket From The Crypt
Reply
#48
1. Guttermouth

2. Nofx

3. Propagandhi

4. Blink 182

5. Ten foot pole
Reply
#49
The Offspring (older albums, especially Smash)
Green Day (also the old stuff)
The Ramones
The Distillers
Bad Religion

It's quite hard task to name only 5 like that though.
Reply
#50
underclass hero Wrote:now they rank
1 the jam
2 misfitsits
3 bad brains
4 fall out boy
5 X

The Jam have never been punk of any description

The Clash
The Banshees
The Slits
X Ray Spex

laterly At the Drive in and currently Future of the Left
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: A$AP Rocky - Punk Rocky Music Head 0 551 25-01-2026, 11:52
Last Post: Music Head
  Punk Rock Doodles of The Ramones dennis1077 0 1,197 27-05-2016, 01:00
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pop-punk: Is it just watered down punk? EllieBrand 1 1,359 03-10-2014, 19:11
Last Post: Music Head
  Cool Short Punk Rock! V-Andrew 0 1,113 12-09-2014, 18:18
Last Post: V-Andrew
  Punk rock!! Mormo Zine 26 7,530 02-09-2014, 23:14
Last Post: Mormo Zine
  Punk/ New Wave / Post Punk / Dark Wave - Great Artists/Albums Ian Lambert 9 4,804 03-03-2014, 23:54
Last Post: Benjamin
  Real Punk 2013 Lazarus 0 1,102 13-05-2013, 09:12
Last Post: Lazarus
  Promoting my page about Underrated Rock Bands Ahmed Mnif 0 1,376 16-01-2013, 23:51
Last Post: Ahmed Mnif
  Indie Artists/Bands to lookout for savingsoul 0 1,090 02-05-2012, 06:23
Last Post: savingsoul
  I have never listened to punk centermez 30 11,792 08-03-2012, 09:31
Last Post: morre

Forum Jump: