Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Panic At The Disco! "bohemian rhapsody"
#1
[video=youtube;kT1t4jVmv7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT1t4jVmv7E[/video]

Panic At The Disco! "bohemian rhapsody"

yes, its a cover of an old song by an obscure 1970s/80s band from the UK...
song is taken from the soundtrack of Suicide Squad....
I was thinking the worst when I clicked on it but it was passable,
a respectful, almost note for note copy of the original...
debuts as #75 on the UK charts this week...
so, not bad, its passable but i'll stick to Queen thank you!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
enters the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart this week at #64

Reply
#3
ah yes, but did you like it?

did you think it was passable?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:ah yes, but did you like it?

did you think it was passable?
yes ir
should have at least given you that
yes it was passable
felt the same way you did
thus my lack of effort

Reply
#5
So I see this band has put the exclamation mark back in its name...

Their first few singles, while not really my cup of tea, were kind of interesting and different. later songs seemed to be more normal and less interesting.

I've really got no interest in this cover, though I suppose I'll listen to it at some stage.

--------------------------------------

Edit:

Ah, I understand now, I see it's used in a movie.
They perform it fairly faithfully to the original, and if I heard this in a concert setting as a covers band doing a tribute, I'd say "Well done". It's a mystery to me though why anyone would buy the recording in preference to the original.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Harry Styles - "kiss all the time, disco, occasionally" CRAZY-HORSE 2 783 18-03-2026, 12:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Disco Lines & Tinashe - No Broke Boys Music Head 0 1,304 21-07-2025, 11:47
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Kylie Minogue - Disco Music Head 1 817 20-11-2020, 13:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Familia (6th album) - Pop/Folk/Disco saintking 2 2,054 08-05-2016, 16:52
Last Post: saintking
  Italo Disco Music geeeaidan 15 5,849 26-03-2015, 07:06
Last Post: jazzboCR
  I love disco jazzboCR 2 1,496 18-09-2014, 13:36
Last Post: MAG2NYC
  All Time Low - Don't Panic Music Head 2 1,738 19-02-2013, 07:23
Last Post: JamesBond
  Disco Biscuits - Planet Anthem Music Head 0 1,823 20-03-2010, 12:35
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: