Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
I suppose when you get to that age you think - what the hell, I am going to do what I want and to hell with the consequences. But I vote yes too.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Hmmm - this sounds promising. Jakko Jakszyk is releasing a new album, lateish October, Secrets & Lies, exploring the themes of obsession, betrayal, complicated family dynamics and contemporary politics. Either it's going to work really well or be an almighty downer! Curious to see how he balances it all out. There's a fairly impressive lineup ...

- Jakko Jakszyk - guitar, vocals
- Mel Collins - saxophone, flute
- Robert Fripp - guitar, keyboards
- Gavin Harrison - drums
- Tony Levin - basses, stick
- John Giblin - bass
- Mark King - bass
- Peter Hammill - vocals, keyboards, guitar
- Al Murray - vocals

More info - https://jakko.com/

Very well put together IMHO ... nice drums ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
three live ones coming up for me.
not sure i would buy them but will be interesting listens anyway.

[Image: Neil_Young_and_Crazy_Horse_-_Return_to_Greendale.jpg]
the live concert that coincided with his 2003 "Greendale" concept album which is one of my personal favourites by Neil
release date November 2020.

[Image: 220px-Neil_Young_-_Way_Down_in_the_Rust_Bucket.jpg]
live gig recorded in 1990 during the Ragged Glory tour due out in January 2021

[Image: 220px-Neil_Young_-_Young_Shakespeare.jpg]
1971 tour in support of his After The Goldrush album,contains some tracks from Harvest which was still a year away from release so the versions my be slightly different, due out in February 2021
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

rumour has it that Paul McCartney will drop "McCartney III" in early december.

following in the footsteps of its two predecessors "McCartney" and "McCartney II" Sir Paul will play every instrument, write, engineer, produce and design the album cover art, in other wods the whole project is a true solo album.

will be looking forward to this as working on his own he has more creative freedom than working within the constraints of a band setting.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^^
obviously the cryptic messages on McCartney's social media platforms were correct:

[Image: 220px-McCartney_III_Album_Cover.jpg]

McCartney III comes out on 11th December.
will be his 38th post-Beatle studio release.
Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCartney_III
BTW,
love the cover art, brilliant, now, if only the album could be half as good!

Steve Hackett is working on a new acoustic album. He needn't have given it a title - the picture speaks for itself!

https://www.loudersound.com/news/steve-h...stic-album
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
nice cover art.

McCartney-III delayed by a week due to supposed production delays: https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...d=msedgntp

Not sure how notable this is, but Sting's on the duet bandwagon - seems to be a trend this year. It's titled  ..... wait for it .... Duets.

There's one new song on the album which he does with Zucchero. Sounds like generic Sting IMHO - or "When We Dance" - not terrible but not breaking new ground ... this is called "September" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgth3Tt1ZDo

I like this - with Melody Gardot, and the wonderful Dominic Miller ... gorgeous setting too ... 

nice track,
wasnt really impressed with Stings vocals at the beginning of the track but him and Melody sung well together

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59