Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
Based on the last offering from Strawbs, I'm not sure whether to be excited or filled with trepidation re their new one that's currently in the works. Judging by the happy faces in the photograph in this article, I'd say they are not the latter! 
https://www.loudersound.com/news/strawbs...settlement

No tracks have been released yet ... interesting cover artwork - symmetry, perspective and balance ... none of their album covers are remotely the same, apart from the Strawbs name, and even then there are anomalies. Wait - there is one vaaaguely similar to this - Nomadness

[Image: strawbs_settlement_c_0nnoi.jpg?1607294923]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Another new album coming up that I'll look out for. Didn't mind their previous one - Skyscraper Souls - pleasant enough listening. The new one is titled Halcyon Hymns - artwork by Roger Dean. DBA is the Downes Braide Association - a collaboration between Geoff Downes and Chris Braide ... funny ... checked back to see what I said about Skyscraper Souls and it's pretty much the same as I feel about this track. Not wowed but kinda happy - it's very nicely put together IMHO. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
im counting down the days for "McCartney-3" next friday.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Me too ! Expecting tracks that  remind me of great nostalgic music !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
^^
a couple of rockers, the rest almost acoustic tracks from all accounts mate.
nothing too experimental or off the wall, just Macca being Macca from what ive read...
9am on the 18th i'll be at my local cd store to pick up my copy.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

not sure if its going to be an album but ABBA are set to release at least five new tracks in 2021,
they were due to apparently release them this year but with the virus etc.....
a hologram world tour is also apparently on the cards...

either way, im keen to hear the new material as Benny/Bjorn are Artisan's of their trade.

Kings Of Leon "when you see yourself"...

one of the great alt-rock bands over the last couple of decades
always consistantly good.

album due out early March 2021

(07-12-2020, 21:21)Ruby Wrote: Based on the last offering from Strawbs, I'm not sure whether to be excited or filled with trepidation re their new one that's currently in the works. Judging by the happy faces in the photograph in this article, I'd say they are not the latter! 
https://www.loudersound.com/news/strawbs...settlement

No tracks have been released yet ... interesting cover artwork - symmetry, perspective and balance ... none of their album covers are remotely the same, apart from the Strawbs name, and even then there are anomalies. Wait - there is one vaaaguely similar to this - Nomadness

[Image: strawbs_settlement_c_0nnoi.jpg?1607294923]

First song to be aired from the new album - Mr Cousins having his say, warranted by these times - a bit of a departure I'd say. Hmmm - will have to wait to hear the whole thing - https://www.loudersound.com/news/strawbs...-with-prog
(08-12-2020, 12:59)Ruby Wrote: Another new album coming up that I'll look out for. Didn't mind their previous one - Skyscraper Souls - pleasant enough listening. The new one is titled Halcyon Hymns - artwork by Roger Dean. DBA is the Downes Braide Association - a collaboration between Geoff Downes and Chris Braide ... funny ... checked back to see what I said about Skyscraper Souls and it's pretty much the same as I feel about this track. Not wowed but kinda happy - it's very nicely put together IMHO. 

And another one from DBA - quite light and upbeat - pop, I'd say. About believing in yourself and trusting that inner guide. They do have a certain knack IMHO ... 

not sure how notable this will be but it should be interesting to say the least...

Marianne Faithful teams up with Warren Ellis (bad seeds/grinderman) with an album called "she walks in beauty" due out in April 2021.

the article also says she had Covid-19 last year which i cannot recall reading anywhere??

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...d=msedgntp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59