Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
My favourite palindrome band, Kayak are releasing a new album later this year. 

The cover artwork ... 

[Image: kayakcd121.jpeg]

The teaser ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Loretta Lynn has a duets album due out in March.
i believe they are re-recordings of her well known hits.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

new Alice Cooper album, Detroit Stories, due at the end of February i believe...
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

There's a new A.J. Croce album due out this coming Friday - By Request. He hasn't made an album in a while and has had a great sadness recently - losing his wife to a sudden heart ailment. They'd been married 24 years. 

I quite like what he does, which is far from emulating his famous father but which upholds a certain standard IMHO, and which has a whole lotta soul. There's a polish and substance to his releases that somehow gives them stature. This new album is all covers, and that's the other thing I like about him - he's respectful of fellow artist's work and and appears to have innate good taste. I don't think he covers his father's work very often, but when he does, it's also done without reinventing or spoiling what was a good thing! Excellent keys player too. 

Here's his rendition of The Five Stairsteps' "Ooh Child" ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
I just like the way you write about things. You should write a novel or something. It will sell like hotcakes. Harper Lee version 2.0 on the horizon.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^
one of the first conversations via PM i had with Ruby i actually asked if she was a writer

She should be. She has what it takes to keep a reader hooked. A fantastic gift to have.
(22-01-2021, 08:57)Ruby Wrote: My favourite palindrome band, Kayak are releasing a new album later this year. 

The cover artwork ... 

[Image: kayakcd121.jpeg]

The teaser ... 

Ooh nice cover - reminds me of a place in one of the Scandinavian countries????
Neil Young  -  Johnny's Island

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...d=msedgntp

a previously unreleased album from the early 80s
this is one for the books for me as ive never heard of it
or more to the point i cant recall hearing about it...

nothing on Wiki about it yet neither....

(01-02-2021, 07:43)Jerome Wrote: I just like the way you write about things. You should write a novel or something. It will sell like hotcakes. Harper Lee version 2.0 on the horizon.

Well thank you ... may need to summon up an ideas elf for that! Not convinced there's a decent plot in me - yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59