Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
I had to take a sick animal to the vet yesterday and I arrived too early (9 instead of 10) so I bought a copy of the Irish Independent to read in the car. There was a large article about Tori's new album. Quite an interesting character and a true child prodigy. One of the youngest people ever to be accepted into some or other music organisation or university - I forget which. Loved her Scarlett's Walk album. Favourite track is 'Strange'.

https://youtu.be/rNI5pdelQNQ
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^And she's a synesthete - I can't imagine what that's like with sounds. Numbers yes, and a few other things, but it must be quite strange, or maybe quite magical, to have colours flying around when you listen to anything. 

Hope the creature is ok!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
is 'synesthete' the same thing when musicians see colours when they compose/write their songs?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(04-10-2021, 21:21)Ruby Wrote: ^And she's a synesthete - I can't imagine what that's like with sounds. Numbers yes, and a few other things, but it must be quite strange, or maybe quite magical, to have colours flying around when you listen to anything. 

Hope the creature is ok!

Unfortunately not. Had to put it down. A stray kitten riddled with cat flu wandering around in my back garden, almost blind. Sad. Hate to see animals suffer. It's just not bloody fair.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
apart from the new ABBA release i suspect that the forthcoming Adele album would be the most anticipated album of 2021:

its title is "30" and the first single "easy on me" is due out on October 15th.
she is scheduled to appear on SNL on October 24th and the album is rumoured to be released on 19th November.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are releasing a new album in November - Raise the Roof. Mostly covers of what to me seem quite obscure songs, but then he's a bit of a musicologist I 'spose, and I expect Alison would be too. 

The two tracks that have been released so far .... 

"Can't Let Go" by Randy Weeks (but probably better known for the Lucinda Williams version) - good job, IMHO ... 

The only original track, written by Robert Plant and T Bone Burnett ... Alison not very much in evidence on this one ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^

i enjoyed Raising Sand so i'll be interested int his one when it comes out

not an album but a documentary about Ronnie James Dio.
i dont really know much about the dude so i will be keen to watch this when it is released:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...d=msedgntp

JETHRO TULL  -  the zealot gene

their first album in almost 20years.
due out at the end of January.

from their website:  https://jethrotull.com/pre-order-jethro-...alot-gene/

the first release from the album and if this track is anything to go by then the still have "it"

WEEZER

not a band i would say im a big fan of but their albums are interesting...
they have four albums coming out this year and their titles are, 'spring', 'summer', 'autumn' and 'winter'
i can only assume theyll be released quarterly and therell be some sort of concept throughout??!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS

return with his 32nd studio album entitled "a boy named if"
if the two lead off tracks are anything to go by then it is going to sound quite raunchy by his standards (think 'delivery man') type sound.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BAND OF HORSES

all set to release their sixth studio album at the end of January entitled "things are great"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEIL YOUNG

**tongue in cheek**: probably release another thrown together studio album and probably an archival live album along with a previously unreleased album from back in the day...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,333 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 1,014 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,309 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,458 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,071 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 4,059 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,980 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,886 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 413 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 700 14-01-2022, 22:59