Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best Films of 2009
#1
We've talked best music. I think there are also some film buffs on here. What are your favorites? Some of mine, in no order:

9
District 9
Up
Avatar
Red Cliff
Inglourious Basterds
Where the Wild Things Are
Watchmen
Moon
Paranormal Activity
Reply
#2
Of the new films I've seen in the last few months I have thoroughly enjoyed:
  • Star Trek
  • Terminator Salvation
  • Avatar
I think that both the new Star Trek and Terminator Salvation are the best of their particular series to date. However, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I am a little reserved in my opinion of Avatar at this stage.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues


Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
Reply
#3
Paranormal Activity was fun...

But ultimately, Avatar wins it all.
Best movie ever made, in my opinion. And I'm not joking around - anyone who hasn't seen it yet should.

Going to see it again in 3D, first time I saw it was in 2D with my schizophrenic grandmother... Fun =]
Reply
#4
If I ever wanted to see blue creatures of any nature whatsoever I could as well watch some Barbie fairytale shit. No thanks!
Reply
#5
I haven't seen anything that came out this year that I felt was really worthwhile. Maybe Van Trier's new film will be good, but I haven't seen any of his other work, so I don't really know. Avatar was very cliche and the novelty of the 3D wore out after about five minutes. A waste of $10.25, to be sure.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#6
Iota Wrote:If I ever wanted to see blue creatures of any nature whatsoever I could as well watch some Barbie fairytale shit. No thanks!
I think you won't allow yourself to like something simply because it is popular. Plus the movie doesn't have any zombies in it, so there is that mark against it.
Reply
#7
Guess what! No. For instance I happen to like Star Wars which I hope isn't too underground to disprove your point. I do like Zombies though.

The only new film I've watched in 2009 was Antichrist, I think. Very good film indeed. I wanted to see Boondock Saints 2 but there's nowhere that plays it in my area - in fact, I doubt that any cinema plays it in Germany - and there isn't even some crappy tele-synch available for download.
Reply
#8
Went to see Avatar 3D at the local multiplex on Tuesday (first time in 5-6 years).

Putting aside the content, the 3D visuals are astonishing...
Reply
#9
I enjoyed these the most:

Zombieland
Star Trek
Avatar
Moon
Up

Best Movies of 2009 in my opinion: Hurt Locker & (500) Days of Summer
Great Performance by Jeremy Renner in Hurt Locker, I hope he gets nominated for the oscar..BTW I am eagerly waiting for Boondock Saints 2 to come out here too, mostly DVD I guess.. coz it will never show up in theaters. her.. I am big fan of the first one.
Reply
#10
Haven't been to the theater since they started renting movies for vcr's.

And I will never rent Avatar.

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The health update as of December 4, 2009 Beach 8 3,307 05-12-2009, 02:30
Last Post: Beach
  Christmas 2009 plans? ambernector 10 3,481 27-11-2009, 23:39
Last Post: ambernector
  Are You Looking to Try a New Genre in 2009 ?? Tiggi 10 4,372 15-09-2009, 05:19
Last Post: Erixouther
  Films, Directors, etc. trbc08 20 6,317 29-08-2009, 16:39
Last Post: CMB1888
  Horror Films CMB1888 15 5,822 16-12-2008, 09:52
Last Post: Syn

Forum Jump: