Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Are You Looking to Try a New Genre in 2009 ??
#1
I've decided to dip a toe into Schoenberg's modern classical stuff this year, and that's probably well outside my comfort zone.

Anyone else planning any musical adventures for the New year ??
Reply
#2
Electronic. I'm a total nitwit when it comes to electronic music so I'll think I should delve deeper into the ocean of snythie sounds.
Reply
#3
I'm always looking for new styles and genres of music. Lately I've been getting into south american psych-rock and folk from the 70's. I imagine I'll try some more of that.
Reply
#4
JonG Wrote:south american psych-rock
Have you got any examples Jon? Not familiar with this genre.

I may give Metal another go. Which is completely out of my comfort zone, But this year I am up for new things. :happy:
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#5
Jazz - I'm building up to it, think I will give this a go around Easter (I'm not even joking)

- might be looking for some entry level jazz suggestions in due course
Reply
#6
ambernector Wrote:Have you got any examples Jon? Not familiar with this genre.

It's not really a genre unto itself. I'm grouping several separate but related scenes in places such as Chile, Brazil and Peru. They all took the psychedelic music of the time from the States and UK and mixed it with the local traditional music styles.

Some artists and bands I've been listening to: El Polen, Milton Nascimento, Congregacion, Pedro Santos, Os Mutantes and Marconi Notaro.
Reply
#7
JonG Wrote:Milton Nascimento

Listening to Travessia right now and its awesome. Although it's kind of "singer-songwriter" music there's a slight touch of bossa nova (which I really like).

Also, I think I will explore the world of noise music even more.
Reply
#8
i think for me it will be both jazz and metal this year...

Ruhi Sheikh
Music Reviewer
http://www.freedownloadsongs.in
Reply
#9
Watever i find in my adventures that tickle me fancy will do for me.

I'll stick clear of the mainstream still however. I have to listen to enough of that crap at work lol.
[[Nasuul]]
Is it not enough I bleed for you?
Burn and scream for you?
Now you tell me to beg before you?
Break my body, but leave nothing alive, for I shall devour those in my way...
Reply
#10
Its not that i'm trying a new genre as such, its just my vibe has changed as i matured/grown up. I have always liked rock music, but these days its really talking to me, so if anyone can recommend any good rock bands with a similar sound to Nickleback it would be much appreciated.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beatles song can transmute to any genre--an ongoing series jazzboCR 5 2,668 15-03-2014, 02:44
Last Post: SteveO
  Best Films of 2009 JonG 11 3,719 29-01-2010, 07:08
Last Post: JonG
  Music Genre Forums Restructure techman 3 2,944 18-01-2010, 19:26
Last Post: Tiggi
  The health update as of December 4, 2009 Beach 8 3,303 05-12-2009, 02:30
Last Post: Beach
  Christmas 2009 plans? ambernector 10 3,471 27-11-2009, 23:39
Last Post: ambernector
  Genre boards General Discussion ambernector 13 5,592 01-08-2009, 22:59
Last Post: ambernector
  which genre is the most popular on music discussion bryce 8 3,080 31-07-2009, 16:13
Last Post: ambernector
  Need help finding a music Genre Grix 2 1,889 11-03-2009, 16:28
Last Post: Iota

Forum Jump: