Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
We've talked best music. I think there are also some film buffs on here. What are your favorites? Some of mine, in no order:
9
District 9
Up
Avatar
Red Cliff
Inglourious Basterds
Where the Wild Things Are
Watchmen
Moon
Paranormal Activity
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Of the new films I've seen in the last few months I have thoroughly enjoyed:
- Star Trek
- Terminator Salvation
- Avatar
I think that both the new Star Trek and Terminator Salvation are the best of their particular series to date. However, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I am a little reserved in my opinion of Avatar at this stage.
Posts: 224
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2009
Paranormal Activity was fun...
But ultimately, Avatar wins it all.
Best movie ever made, in my opinion. And I'm not joking around - anyone who hasn't seen it yet should.
Going to see it again in 3D, first time I saw it was in 2D with my schizophrenic grandmother... Fun =]
If I ever wanted to see blue creatures of any nature whatsoever I could as well watch some Barbie fairytale shit. No thanks!
Posts: 518
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2008
I haven't seen anything that came out this year that I felt was really worthwhile. Maybe Van Trier's new film will be good, but I haven't seen any of his other work, so I don't really know. Avatar was very cliche and the novelty of the 3D wore out after about five minutes. A waste of $10.25, to be sure.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
Iota Wrote:If I ever wanted to see blue creatures of any nature whatsoever I could as well watch some Barbie fairytale shit. No thanks!
I think you won't allow yourself to like something simply because it is popular. Plus the movie doesn't have any zombies in it, so there is that mark against it.
Guess what! No. For instance I happen to like Star Wars which I hope isn't too underground to disprove your point. I do like Zombies though.
The only new film I've watched in 2009 was Antichrist, I think. Very good film indeed. I wanted to see Boondock Saints 2 but there's nowhere that plays it in my area - in fact, I doubt that any cinema plays it in Germany - and there isn't even some crappy tele-synch available for download.
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Went to see Avatar 3D at the local multiplex on Tuesday (first time in 5-6 years).
Putting aside the content, the 3D visuals are astonishing...
Posts: 572
Threads: 52
Joined: Sep 2009
28-01-2010, 20:22
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2010, 23:26 by carbon_psycho.)
I enjoyed these the most:
Zombieland
Star Trek
Avatar
Moon
Up
Best Movies of 2009 in my opinion: Hurt Locker & (500) Days of Summer
Great Performance by Jeremy Renner in Hurt Locker, I hope he gets nominated for the oscar..BTW I am eagerly waiting for Boondock Saints 2 to come out here too, mostly DVD I guess.. coz it will never show up in theaters. her.. I am big fan of the first one.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Haven't been to the theater since they started renting movies for vcr's.
And I will never rent Avatar.