Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
interesting song/artist facts pt.1 title copywright,crazy-horse
george harrison wrote 'all those years ago' in 1978 not for himself but for ringo, ringo recorded the song but never released it, thought his voice wasnt high enough for the song.
but after the death of john lennon, george re-wrote parts of the song as a tribute for john and as part of the tribute manage to get ringo and paul mccartney to play on the track.

out of interest, i thought 'somewhere in england, album was very good, tracks like 'teardrops' and 'blood from a clone' are harrison classics

i hope to bring more interesting oddities like this soon, watch this space
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

In the earlier days I had a similar thread...............................in the end it died the death

To give you one more for it

George and Ringo often interacted with song writing.........You can see George "Helping" Ringo write Octopus's garden in "Let It Be " .if you look closely at what he does, you can see that Ringo does need a lot of help and maybe to be fair the credit should read Harrison/Starkey

There are several examples of this in the early post Beatles period:

If you find copies of " It Don't Come Easy " you will find two or three types of credit on the singles .........they vary in the writer's credit :there are at least two clear versions ( Starkey ) and ( Harrison ) I have heard that the later ones have ( Harrison/Starkey)

The song is a George composition and he did prepare at least the backing track and put a vocal on it..........then he seems to have given it to Ringo who added a vocal and put it out.

Later the George version appeared on Bootleg and is nearly identical to the Ringo version.....

It is interesting to notethat the song contains the backing vocal or Hari Krishna most unlike Ringo's thinking at the time.Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
sounds like you have the plot, shovel and headstone already in place for me gryphon???
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Have a look at the Beatles section in the groups part of the forum..............I think you will find that MH and I had agood session their!!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
gryphon Wrote:Have a look at the Beatles section in the groups part of the forum..............I think you will find that MH and I had agood session their!!

yeh, just checked it out, so had some good discussions there

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crazy's 2023 purchases CRAZY-HORSE 22 4,619 26-12-2023, 11:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Help in identifying song musiclango 2 683 13-12-2023, 15:05
Last Post: musiclango
  Omg check out this song rirr87 5 2,047 26-02-2023, 09:54
Last Post: JeromeD
  christmas song royalties CRAZY-HORSE 2 434 03-12-2022, 09:34
  Crazy's 2022 purchases: CRAZY-HORSE 4 900 15-10-2022, 05:04
  Celestial bodies in song titles Ruby 275 51,400 24-06-2022, 12:03
  song titles featuring an animal in the title CRAZY-HORSE 54 8,557 24-06-2022, 11:54
  Challenger Deep , my new song rskiredj 1 768 07-05-2022, 12:26
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artist Profiles/Tributes/Bios Ruby 6 1,822 19-04-2022, 10:32
Last Post: Ruby
  which rock song..... CRAZY-HORSE 2 395 07-03-2022, 12:02