Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Name this tune and singer please.
#11
Emillu Wrote:Yes thankyou! I am aware of that! My concern is that if it was implying that she would still yearn after this person after having been beaten by him - that's not a good message to put out. Having had a violent OH I am very against that sort of message.

im glad that if you were in a violent situation that you had the strength to remove yourself from it, a lot of women tend to stay 'for the kids', 'it was my fault', 'where else can i go' etc etc...so full marks to you Emillu, hope you,ve found happiness and peace now!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#12
I've not heard the actual song but judging by the little snippet of lyric ("I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue, I'd go crawling down the avenue, no there's nothing I wouldn't do") - I think it's just using 'black and blue' as a metaphor for how they'd do anything for this person.
Reply
#13
In UK English ..............There is a phrase................."To be beaten Black and Blue".....IT means to be pretty badly beaten up or to be badly injured by something..................Often it is used as an expression of this type of extreme situation

eg I 've been beaten Black and Blue

or the injuries from a car accident left me black and blue.

Therefor I feel that this lyric is saying that they would endure pretty extreme physical punishment for them.Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#14
gryphon Wrote:Therefor I feel that this lyric is saying that they would endure pretty extreme physical punishment for them.Cool

Well all told, it is as I had expected but thought I would get a bit of feedback before making up my mind. As much as I love the music I couldn't play that any more as I am way against encouraging anyone to do that sort of thing. I am well aware that my declining from playing this will have little effect on the outcome of that piece of music but at least I have it off my mind and conscience.
Thankyou all for your contributions.
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There’s a song I’m trying to find on YouTube, yet I don’t know the name or singer AtomHeartBrother 2 4,092 08-01-2024, 21:06
Last Post: AtomHeartBrother
  Identify that tune. skett 0 1,092 10-12-2016, 09:50
Last Post: skett
  Who sings this tune? FrostBite 1 1,490 09-11-2015, 06:12
Last Post: Clueless
  WHAT IS THIS TUNE...Have been Looking for a while zebraandthebandit 0 1,259 22-09-2015, 00:19
Last Post: zebraandthebandit
  This is possibly a Tom & Jerry tune...? 12tn2 2 1,483 03-09-2015, 10:39
Last Post: 12tn2
  Searching name of song with happy tune HELP mrseaturtle 2 2,415 29-12-2014, 13:21
Last Post: mrseaturtle
  Babysitter's tune UncleNorman 0 966 09-08-2014, 02:14
Last Post: UncleNorman
  Can anyone identify the tune? Observer.eine 0 864 31-07-2014, 22:20
Last Post: Observer.eine
  What is the name of this epic tune! From this commercial CJF332 0 873 06-05-2014, 22:54
Last Post: CJF332
  Where can i get this tune Amanda played that attracted Kyle maestro 0 1,184 16-08-2013, 13:32
Last Post: maestro

Forum Jump: