07-11-2010, 17:00
Who actually started this site? How long has it been online? Just curious....
|
A question
|
|
07-11-2010, 17:00
Who actually started this site? How long has it been online? Just curious....
07-11-2010, 17:30
Originally it was started by the late Beach and myself back in 2003. We had a period of the site being offline, and then reopened back in 2007 to the current format.
I met Beach back in the days when Webring was something. I used to run the 'Official Blues Webring' and had a small forum based on that. People wanted a good place to discuss music, and ideally without ads. That was the original concept, and still the core today.
Well all I can say is congratulations. It's a great site and there is much to learn from it. And I'm sure if you had to have a 'donate' button somewhere, a number of the regulars would contribute to the cost of maintaining it. I really like the fact that there aren't endless pop-ups and ads. One of the things that appealed to me in the beginning. Long may you run.
07-11-2010, 18:48
Jerome Wrote:Well all I can say is congratulations. It's a great site and there is much to learn from it. And I'm sure if you had to have a 'donate' button somewhere, a number of the regulars would contribute to the cost of maintaining it. I really like the fact that there aren't endless pop-ups and ads. One of the things that appealed to me in the beginning. Long may you run. Instead of a donate button. The best thing that regular members can do is spread the word. Placing links elsewhere, getting friends to join up. At present, we are looking at ways to increase member uptake and encourage participation, if we all help out the site will get more regular members.
08-11-2010, 07:29
Right then - I will stick a link up on my site sometime this week. Be warned though I don't get that much traffic so the benefit is going to be minimal. Most people don't care too much for my material and I don't really have a clue about promoting it etc. etc.
08-11-2010, 23:12
Jerome Wrote:Right then - I will stick a link up on my site sometime this week. Be warned though I don't get that much traffic so the benefit is going to be minimal. Most people don't care too much for my material and I don't really have a clue about promoting it etc. etc. One thing you can do is add the link to your profile page. If you edit your profile you should find a place to a link to your web-site. This will help in people from Music Discussion also visiting your site.
09-11-2010, 02:55
Thx - will do.
07-01-2011, 14:07
man he must be music lover.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| A question for Tame Impala experts | JeromeD | 3 | 1,785 |
28-11-2021, 07:43 Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE |
|
| A question for the moderators | Jerome | 0 | 1,078 |
29-10-2016, 09:00 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| Question for Ruby and Jerome.... | CRAZY-HORSE | 6 | 3,150 |
18-07-2016, 22:07 Last Post: SteveO |
|
| and another question.... | CRAZY-HORSE | 2 | 1,885 |
25-09-2015, 09:55 Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE |
|
| Question for Music Teachers (or anyone else who's been through this) | ct200409 | 0 | 1,124 |
26-08-2015, 22:29 Last Post: ct200409 |
|
| Question for commuters | asif49 | 2 | 1,641 |
14-08-2015, 20:12 Last Post: unbrako |
|
| A question for you | Jerome | 1 | 1,436 |
02-05-2015, 09:43 Last Post: Music Head |
|
| Turntable Question | Bob | 7 | 3,069 |
24-02-2015, 03:15 Last Post: jazzboCR |
|
| Question about spotify | TBC-fan | 0 | 993 |
15-10-2014, 20:52 Last Post: TBC-fan |
|
| A question about another forum | TBC-fan | 0 | 1,214 |
27-03-2014, 22:45 Last Post: TBC-fan |
|