Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to punk
#1
as the title says, what is punk nowadays? not alot to rebel against nowadays i dont think, if you could let me know, either give me some bands or soemthing i would be greatful
Reply
#2
i of "punk " is the pop punk stuff like fall out boy boy like girls and such likw that
Reply
#3
underclass hero Wrote:i of "punk " is the pop punk stuff like fall out boy boy like girls and such likw that

What? I had to read this sentence three times to translate it.

The "punk rock" that is popular isn't about rebellion. Those guys are too comfortable. They're just having a good time.

There is plenty to rebel against, at least here in the States. Maybe people in the UK have it better. Our government is a fxcking joke. And a lot of people actually like McCain/Palin. I'm scared they're going to win the election in November.
Reply
#4
underclass hero Wrote:i of "punk " is the pop punk stuff like fall out boy boy like girls and such likw that

Maybe you should consider paying attention to punctuation. It wouldn't take that long to decipher your sentences.


About Punk: Seriously, a lot of "Punk" (at least they consider themselves to be Punk) bands nowadays are making ridiculous Pop Punk shit a sane person cannot voluntarily listen to (see underclass hero's list above).

For some quality Punk/Hardcore music you should check out e.g. Trash Talk, Gridlink or Ghostlimb. And Punch if you like a female fronted Punk band.

If you look for Hardcore music in general, there are a lot of japanese bands that are freaking awesome. I recommend the "Deny The Report" samplers, especially the ones that contain Foodchain. That's an awesome band indeed.
Reply
#5
Nothing to rebel against! - there's always something to rebel against - health and safety measures maybe?

As regards current punk - if you fancy totally accessible, of questionable artistic merit, old style punk and - I'm sorry for using the F word here - fun - try Bouncing Souls, Dogs or even Say Anything.

I did also laugh practically non stop when I listened to the last Gallows album - but that wasn't a good thing
Reply
#6
that is true, pointless and offensive health and safty is most definately something to fight
Reply
#7
i read and was like wat the hell did i type

but i dont think their's any true punk anymore. Sad
Reply
#8
There's potential for true punk listening if you dig past MTV punk.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#9
The Bouncing Souls...
and Vampire Weekend (< well, I like them) -wink- Smile
ill carry you down
i wont make a sound
-air traffic, owl city

Iloveyewjayjayy
r.i.p, love
Reply
#10
Hm.
I don't know much about punk but I'm gonna say try:
Anti-Flag
The Bouncing Souls
The Offspring
and Streetlight Manifesto, I guess they're actually ska but they sound punk to me.
Lol.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: A$AP Rocky - Punk Rocky Music Head 0 551 25-01-2026, 11:52
Last Post: Music Head
  Punk Rock Doodles of The Ramones dennis1077 0 1,197 27-05-2016, 01:00
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pop-punk: Is it just watered down punk? EllieBrand 1 1,359 03-10-2014, 19:11
Last Post: Music Head
  Cool Short Punk Rock! V-Andrew 0 1,114 12-09-2014, 18:18
Last Post: V-Andrew
  Punk rock!! Mormo Zine 26 7,530 02-09-2014, 23:14
Last Post: Mormo Zine
  Top 5 punk bands? ambernector 95 47,270 18-04-2014, 06:55
Last Post: imamusicfreak
  Punk/ New Wave / Post Punk / Dark Wave - Great Artists/Albums Ian Lambert 9 4,806 03-03-2014, 23:54
Last Post: Benjamin
  Real Punk 2013 Lazarus 0 1,104 13-05-2013, 09:12
Last Post: Lazarus
  I have never listened to punk centermez 30 11,797 08-03-2012, 09:31
Last Post: morre
  Rocket From The Tombs. The real Godfathers of punk? gater 8 3,050 16-09-2011, 20:50
Last Post: gater

Forum Jump: