Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
US Presidency
#11
Well I am not an American, so of course I cannot vote in the upcoming US election. BUT pretty much anything that happens in the US effects us here in Canada, so I am going to say that I hope Obama wins. I have several reasons for this, the main one being I agree more with his liberal policies and thought process. Also I think he will be a better president for Canada, and coupled with the fact that I think McCain is just getting too old and far too unstable - just judging by his recent comments (ie: "my fellow prisoners") and actions, and Sarah Palin's crackpot, radical conservative views!! The MAIN thing that has really soured my view of McCain and Palin though is how they have turned the whole campaign to such a negative and racist tone. I think its despicable how they have "brainwashed" their "flock" to believe Obama is a terroist and a Muslim (or Arab) just because of his race. Anyone that turns this into such a hate issue has NO RIGHT being in the Whitehouse!!

As a side note, we here in Canada go to the poles tomorrow for our Federal Election. Who am I voting for? I honestly have no idea yet!! DAMN, I wish our choices were as easy as they are in the States right now. :Wink:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#12
OBAMA all the way we need a change and a fresh start
Reply
#13
I would vote Nader given the chance. I don't disagree with any of his platforms... It's kind of scary, really. In regard to my "too liberal" comment earlier, I was being facetious. If I couldn't get good ole Ralph, I'd take Kucinich.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#14
trbc08 Wrote:I would vote Nader given the chance. I don't disagree with any of his platforms... It's kind of scary, really.

Why is that scary?

I like Kucinich quite a bit too. I was disappointed he dropped out of the primary race before I got a chance to vote for him. But I still contributed to his campaign for re-election in Ohio.
Reply
#15
I like Nader and agree with him on many issues, but I wouldn't waste a vote on him. It's obvious that Sen. Obama is the lesser evil in this election. It makes much more sense to me to vote for Obama just for this reason. I understand that voting for Nader makes some sort of statement, but it's not logical. Personally, I'm diggin' Barack anyway.
Reply
#16
So - who's going to win it then? Is Obama a sure thing?

Why does my son have an opinion on American fiscal policy? I think the election has turned into a fairly addictive reality show here - it's worse than Big Brother.
Reply
#17
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a Barack/Joe win. I've watched a few elections where a seemingly clear favourite has failed at the last, so...

PS UK comedian Frankie Boyle has referred to him as Muslim O'Gunbomb. Is this wrong ??
Reply
#18
Tiggi Wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a Barack/Joe win. I've watched a few elections where a seemingly clear favourite has failed at the last, so...

PS UK comedian Frankie Boyle has referred to him as Muslim O'Gunbomb. Is this wrong ??

I am thinking the same thing as you Tiggi, I think the US will see their first African American president. :coffee:

Now, is it wrong for comedian Frankie Boyle to refer to Barak as Muslim O'Gunbomb? YES! I think it's terribly wrong. It feeds into the fear that McCain's campaign and others were trying to inject into this election (which from the start sickened me). He is NOT a Muslim .. and .. let's say even if he was ..who cares!! I am truly growing tired of all the racial profiling that has been going on in our day and age.

WHEW!
Ok, sorry about that.
I will put my soap box away now.
:Wink::coffee:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#19
Well that was pretty exciting - lets see what happens now Mr Obama

It's kinda weird that he doesn't actually start until January, though
Reply
#20
CMB1888 Wrote:It's kinda weird that he doesn't actually start until January, though

That's the way it's been in the US. The new president is always sworn in in January. Why? I have no clue .. haha .. but that's just how they do things down there. :Wink:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply


Forum Jump: