Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mike Oldfield
#21
Tiggi Wrote:Yup,

Tubular Bells is interesting enough for me to have invested in three versions of the album:

- The original
- The orchestral
- Version II

Can't say that I've really liked anything else he's done...

BTW, this belongs in the Rock forum, I'll move it.

The Songs of Distant Earth! His best work by far. Crises is awesome as well.

Anybody tried his VR game, Tres Luna? A lot of fun.
Reply
#22
Maestro is interesting as well. And is his autobiography - 'Changeling' - quite revealing. He went through a process called Exegesis to deal with his shyness/stage fright. Richard Branson gave him a Bentley or a Rolls (not sure) if he would peform 'Tubular Bells' live. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I have every single version of TB and I like them all.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Mike Love "do it again" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,235 05-07-2017, 13:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Mike & The Mechanics "let me fly" CRAZY-HORSE 2 2,128 12-04-2017, 13:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Mike Zito & The Wheel "keep coming back" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,358 09-11-2015, 04:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  RIP Mike Porcaro Ruby 3 1,825 17-03-2015, 07:54
Last Post: Jerome
  The Moody Blues sound with Mike Pinder Mrrusty1 2 1,778 15-03-2012, 20:02
Last Post: gater
  Mike McCready edgystud3nt 0 1,308 20-07-2009, 00:09
Last Post: edgystud3nt

Forum Jump: