04-12-2008, 18:23
I'd struggle to agree that The Cure are or were a punk band, but agree wholeheartedly that they're a great one.
|
Top 5 punk bands?
|
|
04-12-2008, 18:23
I'd struggle to agree that The Cure are or were a punk band, but agree wholeheartedly that they're a great one.
04-12-2008, 21:23
Ok, maybe they were more in the goth scene. lol.
But I had to put them on there, still.
ill carry you down
i wont make a sound -air traffic, owl city Iloveyewjayjayy r.i.p, love
05-12-2008, 16:01
i feel like most punk,or at least the true punk sh**,can all be traced back to the stooges.even though they arent really considered punk.the ramones spawned some great bands and way more garbage bands.however,i ve exhausted every single worthwhile ramones song so i rarely listen to them anymore.anyway,ill shut the fu** up and list my top 5...
1)misfits 2)the exploited 3)the casualties 4)vice suad 5)the birthday party
10-12-2008, 06:29
Tiggi Wrote:I'd struggle to agree that The Cure are or were a punk band, but agree wholeheartedly that they're a great one. briannaballistic:) Wrote:Ok, maybe they were more in the goth scene. Goth came from punk, so in a way it is okay to put the Cure on the list. Bands like Joy Division, Siouxsie & and the Banshees, and the Cure were very close cousins of the punk rock scene, if not part of it.
As far as I see the thread is about " Top 5 PUNK bands? "
And I think that rock-punk , pop-punk and all the other sub-punk styles came from punk so they are (even only in parts) punk. It dose not matter if people like Green Day or The Ramones. IT`S ALL PUNK ... so I dont see why were the angry/snappy posts needed. People are all diferent and they like different songs and bands specially if they are all Punk based. And after that long and boring lecture here is my list : :1. Sum 41 2. Blink 182 3. All That Remains 4. Boys Like Girls 5. Green Day
Not all who wander are lost.
17-12-2008, 15:57
Oh thank you very much indeed for your teachings.
17-12-2008, 22:40
Iota - I hate your avatar - it makes me angry and snappy because I don't know who it is.
However I have finally figured out where trbc08's came from so this makes me happy and calm I am therefore neutral at the moment and don't have an opinion about the best 5 punk bands.
17-12-2008, 23:55
Iota's avatar is Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
19-12-2008, 11:39
never would have got that!
Now I will have to find a new life goal.............
19-12-2008, 11:41
trbc08 Wrote:Iota's avatar is Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs. Yup. I dunno what trbc08's avatar is but it reminds me of Magritte's The Son of Man. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| NEW SONG: A$AP Rocky - Punk Rocky | Music Head | 0 | 550 |
25-01-2026, 11:52 Last Post: Music Head |
|
| Punk Rock Doodles of The Ramones | dennis1077 | 0 | 1,197 |
27-05-2016, 01:00 Last Post: dennis1077 |
|
| Pop-punk: Is it just watered down punk? | EllieBrand | 1 | 1,356 |
03-10-2014, 19:11 Last Post: Music Head |
|
| Cool Short Punk Rock! | V-Andrew | 0 | 1,111 |
12-09-2014, 18:18 Last Post: V-Andrew |
|
| Punk rock!! | Mormo Zine | 26 | 7,528 |
02-09-2014, 23:14 Last Post: Mormo Zine |
|
| Punk/ New Wave / Post Punk / Dark Wave - Great Artists/Albums | Ian Lambert | 9 | 4,802 |
03-03-2014, 23:54 Last Post: Benjamin |
|
| Real Punk 2013 | Lazarus | 0 | 1,102 |
13-05-2013, 09:12 Last Post: Lazarus |
|
| Promoting my page about Underrated Rock Bands | Ahmed Mnif | 0 | 1,374 |
16-01-2013, 23:51 Last Post: Ahmed Mnif |
|
| Indie Artists/Bands to lookout for | savingsoul | 0 | 1,090 |
02-05-2012, 06:23 Last Post: savingsoul |
|
| I have never listened to punk | centermez | 30 | 11,787 |
08-03-2012, 09:31 Last Post: morre |
|