Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Presidential Debates
#31
^^^^^ I have no idea how my post ended up in your post SteveO lol I tried to edit it but it didn't work.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
#32
i tried to edit also and something happened and it went wonky !!!!!,,,sorry Trace , it wasn't intentional !!!!!!
TraceNspace Wrote:^^^^^ I have no idea how my post ended up in your post SteveO lol I tried to edit it but it didn't work.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
#33
that's interesting Trace ! If you have 12 pages do you have to fill out the entire ballot ?
SteveO Wrote:Is it true that you have 5 pages to vote on ? ...if it is ...wow ! You're not stll using the chads are you ? ...lol

No chads anymore! It varies from county to county though. In Miami we had a touch screen, here in Brevard county we have paper ballots that you bubble in and feed to a machine. We only had 2 pages in my county but Miami-Dade had 12! Gee I wonder why the lines were so long.....
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
#34
SteveO Wrote:that's interesting Trace ! If you have 12 pages do you have to fill out the entire ballot ?

No you can skip anything you want to, even president.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
#35
Music Head Wrote:They start Wednesday night 9pm eastern
Not sure if anyone else here has any interest in these.
me, I'm a political junkie
politics is my sports

watching the Libertarian party candidate on c-span right now, Gary Johnson
now he would make the debates lively
damn crime debates are limited to Dems and Pubs

anyway if you want to discuss the debates or politics, I'm here for ya
we might not see things the same, but I'll make it fun
Well, Well, Well, Got Ya Music Head!! We do have something in common. I Love Politics!! I was just skimming over the topics in Chit Chat and found this :biggrin: What do you think of the Shut Down and Obamacare?? I've been on FOX my favorite off and on all week trying to keep up with what is going on. Disappointed in what happened with the truckers but not surprised. As for me, Obama is a Dictator and hates America!!
#36
BTW Music Head, I got so excited when I saw Politics I got a little off your topic :laugh: I love the Debates!! To everyone here, I don't get angry talking about Politics or Christianity. Those subjects are too important, so don't worry Confusedmile:
#37
rebelgirl Wrote:Well, Well, Well, Got Ya Music Head!! We do have something in common. I Love Politics!! I was just skimming over the topics in Chit Chat and found this :biggrin: What do you think of the Shut Down and Obamacare?? I've been on FOX my favorite off and on all week trying to keep up with what is going on. Disappointed in what happened with the truckers but not surprised. As for me, Obama is a Dictator and hates America!!

yea, politics, religion, touchy subjects for most
politics I'm game, religion, not so much
difference is, in politics you have factual data to discuss/debate, religion it's all subjective
don't get me wrong, I am religious, read my bible daily, go to church weekly
just don't believe in pushing religious beliefs, I fail at preaching the gospel

politics, I can go all day
I'm a conservative and not shy about it
I watch Fox and MSNBC to get both sides of an issue
cspan to get fair and balanced

I was against the Affordable Care Act (people should stop calling it Obama Care)
However, republicans should let it go.
The democrats were elected, they passed it and the Supreme Court upheld it.
The damage is done and we have to live with it.
Doesn't mean I have to like it
A lot of laws I don't like.
Don't agree with your last sentence
well maybe I do, in the sense that all presidents are dictators to a degree
don't believe he hates America
just different views on what is right for the country
big federal government vs. my smaller is better
and that's the difference between democrats and republicans in my view

#38
I had a speel about a week ago on the US govt shutdown and when tried to post it, it disappeared!!!???,,,sometimes I hit ENTER and probably did !...lol..the second post is never as good as the first one..lol

I have loved politics for a long time and truthfully I cannot understand the shutdown! It could not happen in Canada or in the UK and Australia for that matter with a parliamentary system! Budgets are announced from the reigning govt, called Speech From The Throne (still attached to the monarchy).

It appears to me as a foreign observer that this is a partisan roadblock! The country is polarised in half!

What do you think will be the outcome ? The next stage is whether or not the US defaults on loan payments..which could lead to serious global consequences!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
#39
Music Head Wrote:yea, politics, religion, touchy subjects for most
politics I'm game, religion, not so much
difference is, in politics you have factual data to discuss/debate, religion it's all subjective
don't get me wrong, I am religious, read my bible daily, go to church weekly
just don't believe in pushing religious beliefs, I fail at preaching the gospel

politics, I can go all day
I'm a conservative and not shy about it
I watch Fox and MSNBC to get both sides of an issue
cspan to get fair and balanced

I was against the Affordable Care Act (people should stop calling it Obama Care)
However, republicans should let it go.
The democrats were elected, they passed it and the Supreme Court upheld it.
The damage is done and we have to live with it.
Doesn't mean I have to like it
A lot of laws I don't like.
Don't agree with your last sentence
well maybe I do, in the sense that all presidents are dictators to a degree
don't believe he hates America
just different views on what is right for the country
big federal government vs. my smaller is better
and that's the difference between democrats and republicans in my view
I watch FOX but once in awhile I watch CNN. I don't think it is just the Republicans who are against Obamacare. I think some Dems are against it too. I think Obama is a true Dictator. He is determined and sure he will get his way. I am almost certain the Republicans will give in to him about the shutdown. It was reported this week on FOX that about the shutdown, anything that will hurt Americans is what he wants done. The death benefits for the families of the fallen are a example. I have done extensive research on Obama. I do not believe he is a American citizen.
#40
SteveO Wrote:I had a speel about a week ago on the US govt shutdown and when tried to post it, it disappeared!!!???,,,sometimes I hit ENTER and probably did !...lol..the second post is never as good as the first one..lol

I have loved politics for a long time and truthfully I cannot understand the shutdown! It could not happen in Canada or in the UK and Australia for that matter with a parliamentary system! Budgets are announced from the reigning govt, called Speech From The Throne (still attached to the monarchy).

It appears to me as a foreign observer that this is a partisan roadblock! The country is polarised in half!

What do you think will be the outcome ? The next stage is whether or not the US defaults on loan payments..which could lead to serious global consequences!
Hey SteveO, I answered your question about the outcome of the shutdown as you probably know with my reply to MH. This is fun and interesting!! Confusedmile:


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Medal Of Freedom Awards 2016 Music Head 1 1,584 24-11-2016, 01:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  U.S. Presidential Race 2012 Music Head 153 29,686 25-04-2012, 09:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: