Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Which releases are you most looking forward to?
#11
I'm kinda looking forward to new releases from:

Lil Wayne, Sonic Youth, Wilco, The Fiery Furnaces, Circulatory System, Beastie Boys, Dr. Dre, Gang of Four, Happy Mondays, Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, Massive Attack, MF Doom + Ghostface, Raekwon and Roxy Music
Reply
#12
CMB1888 Wrote:Don't worry didn't you read the thread? Iota doesn't either - so obviously you are both on the same musical wavelength

(good luck with the studying)

Whoa take that back!


Has anyone listened to the new Sunn O))) album yet?
Reply
#13
whats wrong with my musical wavelength
Reply
#14
Question:

underclass hero Wrote:whats wrong with my musical wavelength

Answer:

underclass hero Wrote:how can u not like greenday the band that started pop punk!!!! every one knows its the best genre ever made (in my opinion)
Reply
#15
yeah iota you dont have the best intrests ever

noise-name pretty much says it all useless noise
drone-bad
jazz- to mello for my liking
Reply
#16
im sorry i agree iota likes to put down who i like so there it is. your music taste isnt very great so if you dnt like someone else's who cares. why comment on why they shouldnt like it. you may not liek greenday but they have more money than you do and made a succsess out of what they do. put them down all you wnat they lived their dreeam and until you get out there and devolp more success just dnt say anything.
Reply
#17
Rocker720 Wrote:im sorry i agree iota likes to put down who i like so there it is. your music taste isnt very great so if you dnt like someone else's who cares. why comment on why they shouldnt like it. you may not liek greenday but they have more money than you do and made a succsess out of what they do. put them down all you wnat they lived their dreeam and until you get out there and devolp more success just dnt say anything.


You're an idiot. Trying to devalue Iota's opinion by stating that he doesn't like certain bands because he is jealous of their success, and that he must "devolp more success" or "just dnt say anything" shows the markings of a reactionary moron. For one, that's using a logical fallacy, which isn't a difficult concept to understand. Appealing to the popularity of something to imply that it is quality is not legitimate in an argument.

Whether or not Iota is a jerk or not, and despite the fact that he declares his opinions openly, opinions which you disagree with, as if they are objective statements doesn't deprive him of the right to do so. I don't recall, and I may be wrong but I doubt it, anyone ever trying, even in speech, to tell you that your senseless blatherings should be silenced just because someone may disagree with them.

I won't even say don't tell Iota to stop insulting the bands you like, seeing as you have no means to force him to. I'm just stating my opinion.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#18
You asked me and I gave you an answer but I'm not allowed to say that your taste is fucked up because the band you listen to is successful because all the idiots (that make up quite a whole lot of people on this planet) listen to them? Well, at least I don't listen to out-selling unoriginal bands trying to be "hardcore" while producing not even half-decent Pop music.
Success does, by no means, equal quality. Let's say I'd been able to paint like Rembrandt (I hope you know that guy) but wouldn't sell my paintings I'd still be better than some successful amateur. Actually, I don't even have to have as much skill as Rembrandt to detect wanky paintings or I don't even have to be able to sing like Pavarotti to tell that someone strikes a false note. But I doubt that you understand this argumentation.

trbc08 has pretty much said it all.

You know, sometimes art is too challenging for hoi polloi. Just keep listening to your popular music for unpopular people.
Reply
#19
It's 4am gotta go to sleep now lulz
Reply
#20
Iota Wrote:Has anyone listened to the new Sunn O))) album yet?
Yes and awesome.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LA Based Alternative Rock Band The Elizabeth Kill Releases New Album BobMoran 3 2,565 06-08-2016, 10:00
Last Post: Jerome
  Classic Rock Artist Rhett May Releases 70’s Infused Hard Rock Hit Rich Bitch ThomJones 0 2,250 09-09-2015, 20:31
Last Post: ThomJones

Forum Jump: