Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
You are all weird!
(I've had snails, crocodile, kangaroo, horse) but my 12 year old daughter has been vegetarian for a couple of years and I'm eating a lot less meat - she has made me think about the whole thing a bit more.
Posts: 253
Threads: 46
Joined: Jan 2008
dont do it, meat is there for a reason
Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
There is no 'higher purpose' in meat and nutritionally you don't need it - but I admit it tastes nice!
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
CMB1888 Wrote:nutritionally you don't need it
That's debatable. I believe some people do, some do not. It depends on several factors such as your blood type. I do agree that people do not need to eat so much of it. I made some major changes in my diet about a year ago. One of those was to eat a lot less meat and a lot more fresh vegetables. I've lost over 30 pounds.
A side benefit of eating the vegetarian/vegan options when you dine out - they're usually cheaper!
Posts: 62
Threads: 6
Joined: Mar 2009
Hahaha - coming from Glasgow, I know what you're talking about, and (amazingly) i've never really liked it :biggrin:. If i remember rightly it just tastes like spicy mince.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Syn Wrote:dont do it, meat is there for a reason
Correct. We are omnivores and nothing should be off the table (little joke...). This explains what nutrition we cannot get as strict vegetarians:
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-brain-nu...fish-eggs/
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
My daughter is a vegetarian and is fit as a fiddle,,,go figure?
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
SteveO Wrote:My daughter is a vegetarian and is fit as a fiddle,,,go figure?
So far, so good. The lack of certain vital nutrients can take years, decades to show bad effects.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
it hasnt done Paul McCartney any harm!
i was vegetarian back in the day when most people didnt even know what a vegie was and those who did thought vegies were weirdo hippies...LOL!
i was fitter then than any time when i was a meat eater...BTW i havent been Vegie since i was around 19-20.
and its easier to be vegetarian now than it was back then as theres so many choices now.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:it hasnt done Paul McCartney any harm!
He and others may not eat meat but I'd bet a cookie that he gets essential meat-derived nutrients via another means. Taurine, for example, is readily available in pill form.. Just sayin'...