Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I've decided to dip a toe into Schoenberg's modern classical stuff this year, and that's probably well outside my comfort zone.
Anyone else planning any musical adventures for the New year ??
Electronic. I'm a total nitwit when it comes to electronic music so I'll think I should delve deeper into the ocean of snythie sounds.
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
I'm always looking for new styles and genres of music. Lately I've been getting into south american psych-rock and folk from the 70's. I imagine I'll try some more of that.
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
JonG Wrote:south american psych-rock
Have you got any examples Jon? Not familiar with this genre.
I may give Metal another go. Which is completely out of my comfort zone, But this year I am up for new things. :happy:
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
Jazz - I'm building up to it, think I will give this a go around Easter (I'm not even joking)
- might be looking for some entry level jazz suggestions in due course
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
ambernector Wrote:Have you got any examples Jon? Not familiar with this genre.
It's not really a genre unto itself. I'm grouping several separate but related scenes in places such as Chile, Brazil and Peru. They all took the psychedelic music of the time from the States and UK and mixed it with the local traditional music styles.
Some artists and bands I've been listening to: El Polen, Milton Nascimento, Congregacion, Pedro Santos, Os Mutantes and Marconi Notaro.
Posts: 51
Threads: 12
Joined: Dec 2008
i think for me it will be both jazz and metal this year...
Ruhi Sheikh
Music Reviewer
http://www.freedownloadsongs.in
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2009
Watever i find in my adventures that tickle me fancy will do for me.
I'll stick clear of the mainstream still however. I have to listen to enough of that crap at work lol.
[[Nasuul]]
Is it not enough I bleed for you?
Burn and scream for you?
Now you tell me to beg before you?
Break my body, but leave nothing alive, for I shall devour those in my way...
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2009
Its not that i'm trying a new genre as such, its just my vibe has changed as i matured/grown up. I have always liked rock music, but these days its really talking to me, so if anyone can recommend any good rock bands with a similar sound to Nickleback it would be much appreciated.