11-08-2009, 05:23
I'd have to say lonnie johnson and Elvis
|
who is your favorite blues artist
|
|
11-08-2009, 05:23
I'd have to say lonnie johnson and Elvis
07-11-2009, 16:05
Mine has to be Michael Bloomfield, the greatest electric guitarist who ever bent a string. His tone, attack, control, fluidity and emotional content has not been suppassed. Unfortunately very little video exists of him, but check out "drinking wine/electric flag" or stop with Al Kooper on youtube. Then realise, he took the blues into the same areas that Miles and Coltrane did. I saw him 3 times with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band on their tour of UK in fall of 66, an incredibly aggressive industrial blues band. I also saw him twice in San Francisco in the late 60's he took your emotions to a spiritual place if you were prepared to go along with him.
Other than him I have a lot of time for Muddy, Howling, Buddy Guy and Lonnie Mack
07-11-2009, 18:54
latorius Wrote:Mine has to be Michael Bloomfield, the greatest electric guitarist who ever bent a string. His tone, attack, control, fluidity and emotional content has not been suppassed. Unfortunately very little video exists of him, but check out "drinking wine/electric flag" or stop with Al Kooper on youtube. Then realise, he took the blues into the same areas that Miles and Coltrane did. I saw him 3 times with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band on their tour of UK in fall of 66, an incredibly aggressive industrial blues band. I also saw him twice in San Francisco in the late 60's he took your emotions to a spiritual place if you were prepared to go along with him.or check out these 2 awesome albums: ![]()
08-11-2009, 09:57
Michael can also be heard in good form on the "Lost Tapes from the Filmore East, with Al Kooper, a ropy rhythm (?) section does not obscure the magnificence of his playing. Check out "one way out" and "season of the witch" sublime.
19-11-2009, 03:47
I also like willie big eyes smith
13-04-2010, 16:01
How about Ray Charles - Yeh! and B.B.King. Just to name two of my favs.
21-04-2010, 21:03
3 kings! bb king, smooth, albert king, mad bends, freddie king, groovycrazy!
28-06-2010, 22:55
Up until now I've been of the opinion that I don't like Blues too much and find it boring.
This is strange because I love Led Zeppelin and a lot of sixties music, a lot of which is blues based. A lot of what I'd heard before was Electric Blues (John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf etc) But earlier today I decided to use this great internet thing to check out some more blues - and some earlier blues too. And although I'm not too keen on the Electric Blues I have discovered two artists that (judging on what I've heard so far) I've taken a little bit of a shine to. They are: Blind Willie McTell and Bessie Smith I'm gonna say I like Blind Willie McTell the most. It must be because I'm a Bob Dylan fan or something
29-06-2010, 02:20
![]() ![]() ![]() Muddy, John Lee and others mentioned are great, but here are a few more... ![]()
13-07-2010, 13:15
Jonny Lang
Joe Bonamassa Jeff Healey Robert Johnson are truly exceptional and there are the final for me |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|